need serious help

trainwreck hobo

Local time
6:16 AM
In short, I bit off more than I can chew. I got a 5 horse briggs 4 stroke go cart engine. never did four stroke. chain comes put too far past frame. I either need to make a welded wider rear n extend flywheel out or something else. I will post pics of my engine n prob n see If anyone could help me. I want to make this work and if its beyond my skill level. I will pay for advice or someone who knows ways to fix my dilema willing to work om It. I am not doin 2 strokes or hua sheng.Tryin to do a reliable old school bike that can hit 50 to 60 only of coarse If need be for quick pull out power to avoid bein hit. I ride 35 mph max. Thank you for your time and hope to make a friend or two.

I run into the same problem building minibikes. You either need to mount the engine way over to the right, or go back to the gokart shop and get a jackstaft kit. Azusa Engineering makes 'em.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120773936997

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thank you so much. I will check that out. I bought this jem for 50 bucks and never did a four stroke set up before. I just now gotta figure out how to extend pedals. I sure did not want to have to weld a custom frame.I can weld some but tube Isvery finicky to deal with. I welcome any other Ideas and suggesations.

Like CroMagnum recommended, locate the engine in the optimum location. Then install the jackshaft to get that straight shot to the sprockets.

They sell wider cranks, both one-piece and three-pieces.

Maybe you should search this forum. Someone's done it before, just like how you wanna do yours.:unsure:

Back