need some help

im not happy with my gas tank so i need to build a new 1 or buy 1,im not realy into the tanks you can get for most of the gas bike kits so dose any body have some idea's ?

still not there yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 320
ok i have had a lot of problems with my tank that i made so im going with soming like every one has,so will see how it looks and if i like it! now still for the head lite i have a good plan for that

Last edited:
maybe soming like this,im only going to use one so

Attachments

• Projector-Fog-Light-1.jpg
    Projector-Fog-Light-1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 260
  • CCFL_Projector_Fog_01.jpg
    CCFL_Projector_Fog_01.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 267
  • CCFL_Projector_Fog_03.jpg
    CCFL_Projector_Fog_03.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
I'm just read the whole thread and looked at all the pictures and for the most part it's a good build BUT.... I think your going to have a problem with the motor mount. There should be gussets going out from the tube to the motor plate. Those welds from the tube to the plate are under tremendous strain from the torque of the motor and stress from bumps and potholes and are very narrow to withstand the the twisting forces the motor will put on the plate.

Just don't want to see that motor coming off while your going down the road:whistle:

ty but what you dont see is the welds under the plate,its going to move at all,iv been building cars and bikes all my years so,but ty for the advice.and stiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll not done and will not beeeeeeeeeeeeeee for a long time

..you will tell us when it busts, right? Every time you accelerate the motor chain will be trying to shorten itself by pulling the two sprockets together. The distance between the welds and the clutch acts as a lever increasing the effect. The torque will pull the clutch side down and backing off the throttle release the tension. You have just created a bending motion and those welds are not long for the world. The welds themselves will probably hold but the metal beside the weld will break.

Please do tell us when it happens ;)

your rigth one day the metal will break, but not my welds iv been welding all my life and the 1/4 motor plate will do just fine. now i have been around motor bike of all kinds all my life to and stuff will break and thats just stuff you have to look out for,i got the scars to prove it.im sorry iv been racing to. one day soming is going to break and o well but ty for looking out but this how my bike is and i like all the stuff that come with it

Last edited:
Back