Need some info on rear hubs

Kind of, I want to build a custom bike from the ground up that I will be mechanically sound to safely travel at 80mph speeds so I’ve been designing custom parts for that project. And I’m thinking I could possibly make those available for the public at reasonable prices, great quality and good customer service. Bike parts will be my main focus but I’ll be more of a job shop until I get to the point where I have a fully equipped shop todo all of the work in house.
I’m working on my business plan at the moment, I’m going to do everything in stages, that way I can slowly add more capabilities in my shop. Stage 1 will be 3d printing, growing my farm to 6 printers. Stage 2 is still 3d printing with some basic machining capabilities, I’ll still be adding a printer once every three months or so. I’m planning on having 12 standard size printers and 2 large format printers on the farm, during the later part of stage 2, I will be adding a manual mill and lathe. These will most likely be medium sized machines as the next stage starts with a move to a bigger shop where I can start investing in cnc equipment, welding, plasma cutting etc. Stage 3 will last about a year or so, in which time I will add more machines, and start acquiring/making all the various tooling I’ll need for production of frames, hubs or any odd random job that comes my way

If I'm not being too nosey, what type of biz are you starting? 3D print shop? Motorized bike superstore?
I’ve been spending a lot of time 3d modeling random things, and I also went to trade school a few years ago for precision machining. It’s been about 5 years since I’ve touched a machine, but it’s something that I’m still very passionate about. I love to design and create, I’d love to help the community out with this business, and really accomplish the dreams I’ve had since I was in school.

Good luck... I for one am not interested in rockin' 80mph on a bicycle... personally... but I'm old.
With age usually comes wisdom...lol...The wisdom to KNOW that 80 MPH on one of these bikes will get ya killed...lol.

Unless of course your really looking for a Dr. Jack Kevorkian, personal, do it yourself, suicide machine...lol.

it really makes speeds like that uncomfortable….so I was told 🙂
My Phantom 85 does 50+ out of the box and I can tell you that the one time I wanted to see how fast it would go was more than scary...lol...lol.

DSCN0228.JPG

DSCN0229.JPG

I've done 40.8 mph on mine... and didn't want to go faster. I'm plenty happy rockin 25-30 mph 95% of the time... hitting 35 mph when necessary.

I've done 40.8 mph on mine... and didn't want to go faster. I'm plenty happy rockin 25-30 mph 95% of the time... hitting 35 mph when necessary.
Thats what I usually do as well, 30 to 35 MPH, though I caught myself doing 40 MPH yesterday keeping up with traffic on a more major thoroughfare until I could turn off onto a less major byway...lol.

I was getting alot of looks...lol.

Back