Need some info on rear hubs

KyleManeti95

Local time
10:07 AM
Hey guys, I’m working on designing my own rear hub with my cad modeling software and I was wondering if you guys could help me out.
I’m planning on using a rear rotor with sprocket mounted directly to the hub. What I need help with is finding the average width of hubs of this set up. If you have a set up like this, would you please measure how wide your hub is and post it here?
Thankyou guys
Km95🏍️

You could buy a Staton Inc hub. The right side is a right-hand thread and the left side is a left-hand thread. Unlike a flip-flop hub where both sides are right-hand thread. David also sells left-hand freewheels which would allow you to coast without having to clutch.

Thankyou for the suggestion Sidewinder Jerry. I’m going to look into that hub. Ultimately what I am doing right now is designing an entire bike from the ground up. I’ve been able to figure out and reverse engineer some components (ie: triple tree, found on Amazon for pit bikes) the hub width is what I am struggling with right now. I am working on a 3d model based on the cnc crankcase that I ordered from Smolik Performance, here is one of the sketches I’ve been using for the model. It is a combination of 6 or 7 different drawings I drew of the different flat faces on the magneto side of the case. I’ve blocked out all of my measurements as not to step on any toes. Also, here is a older model of the bike. This was basically just a concept studio to get the main idea out there 6AE6AD37-F47B-41CF-9AD8-E2A9FF49810A.jpegDCB53617-D479-4B35-BBDE-BDF7ECB8ED22.jpeg87FD5AAB-6613-41EA-894D-949F88818195.jpeg

Thankyou for the suggestion Sidewinder Jerry. I’m going to look into that hub. Ultimately what I am doing right now is designing an entire bike from the ground up. I’ve been able to figure out and reverse engineer some components (ie: triple tree, found on Amazon for pit bikes) the hub width is what I am struggling with right now. I am working on a 3d model based on the cnc crankcase that I ordered from Smolik Performance, here is one of the sketches I’ve been using for the model. It is a combination of 6 or 7 different drawings I drew of the different flat faces on the magneto side of the case. I’ve blocked out all of my measurements as not to step on any toes. Also, here is a older model of the bike. This was basically just a concept studio to get the main idea out there View attachment 186310View attachment 186311View attachment 186305
Idk if these measurements will help you any, but these are for the Grubee HD rear wheel. You can purchase just a hub or a complete wheel. Heres some pics that might help. I personally run 1 of the Grubee HD multi-speed wheels. They are a great wheel for the money.
Screenshot_20230131-131448_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230131-131525_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230131-131535_Chrome.jpg

Here's some info on the Staton hub.

Rear Custom CNC machined bicycle Hub made by Staton-Inc.

Center of hole to center of hole is 2.052" or 2-1/16".

It has 1.37 x 24 Left hand threads on the left side, 36 Holes for 12 gage Heavy Duty spokes.

It has standard 1.37 x 24 right hand threads for freewheel sprockets on the right side.

Staton Custom Hub made out of 6061-T6 Aluminum with a Black Anodized finish.

It has Four high speed double sealed ball bearing, (two on each side), two 12 mm snap rings to hold the axle in place, two, 10 mm x 1.0 flange nuts, one 10 mm x 1.0 hex nuts and three 10 mm flat washers to be used as spacers if needed.

The Staton-Inc Axle is CNC machined out of 41L42 CRS and zinc plated.

thank you Dieseltech and sidewinder, that’s definitely some really great information that will definitely come in handy. I’d love to incorporate a rear swing arm into the design of the bike. I’m currently working on my 3rd iteration of the design, I’m starting at the rear hub so I can get everything squared away there. I’ll probably do a couple more interactions coming up and refine things further. I am getting a laptop soon and I will switching from the cad software that I am using now to fusion 360. I would like to create and sell my own custom bike components that are a reasonable price, great quality and most importantly parts that you know are safe at high rates of speed

Grubee... good product ... but unfortunately it has been my experience that the owner does NOT back up his product.

He's a nice guy as he's givin' you the ole toolaroo via the poopchute though... if that counts for something in your book.

Again, just my experience ... and if you have a problem free purchase I am sure you'll be THRILLED with the product.

I am running not one, but TWO Grubee rims.

Here are some information that might interest you while designing.

Thank you guys, sorry I’ve been away for a little bit. I’m still working on the design, but I’ve been working towards getting my small business going

Thank you guys, sorry I’ve been away for a little bit. I’m still working on the design, but I’ve been working towards getting my small business going
If I'm not being too nosey, what type of biz are you starting? 3D print shop? Motorized bike superstore?

Back