Need some Thoughts and Opinions

Make sure to pull the magneto cover to see if any fuel/oil mix leaked into it from the other crank seal...If it did, you'll need to replace that as well if that coil thingy got wet...lol.
I did pull the mag cover as well and it was dry, might just leave it alone for now. I am going to change the carb with another I have here and see if it possibly was the original culprit.

I am going to change the carb with another I have here and see if it possibly was the original culprit.
A carburetor is not gonna blow out a crank seal, either the seal was never put in right and seated to begin with, The shaft itself is bent a wobbled the seal to fail, or the ethanol in the gasoline ate it out as the likely cause...Guess which one I'm betting on???...lol.

A carburetor is not gonna blow out a crank seal, either the seal was never put in right and seated to begin with, The shaft itself is bent a wobbled the seal to fail, or the ethanol in the gasoline ate it out as the likely cause...Guess which one I'm betting on???...lol.
Yes that i know, but if the needle is not seating and letting the fuel dump into the engine the fuel is sitting in the crankcase and marinating that seal. I definitely see it now, and you sir would win that bet for sure!!

Back