Need some tips (and ideas) on engine cooling

😃BumpyTurtle😃

Local time
4:33 PM
Hello. I haven't exactly built a motorized bicycle yet, but I think I might try building one during summer break (I'm in high school). I have some questions regarding the cooling of the engine. Air cooled engines are cooled by air, and some engines have water cooling. Water cooled engines are not cheap, so instantly out of question. I had an idea of making a water cooled system for an air cooled engine, but that will require lots of time which I don't have. Another method would be injecting hydrogen into the cylinder. HHO can easily be made with electrolysis from a bicycle dynamo or something, and I can feed it into the cylinder. After HHO burns, it turns into water, and will absorb heat, and go out with the exhaust, hence 'cooling' the engine a little bit (It also makes it VERRRY efficient, doubling mpg). If I fill distilled water into a mist bottle, and spray the engine with that every minute or so, will it help at all? That is all I could think of. More ideas would be great as I'm trying to think of all viable options before I actually build it.

Thanks! - Paavan

Easiest method by far is just buy a larger head. The bigger the head, the more surface area for air to cool it down. The stock heads arent great imo.
Heres a suggestion, this one is pretty popular.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back