Carby Need someones input here CNS carb

wan37

Local time
12:08 PM
I have a CNS carb that came with grubee sky hawk 48 cc kit.I can't seem to get it from running rich.I almost tried everything I can think of like the I'm running 32to1 oil gas mixture and the e clip is all the way up on the needle.So shoot me some other ideas.Thanks

Make sure the float is at the right distance from the body of the carb when it shuts off the fuel flow. If it is higher than it should be then it is allowing a higher fuel level. Fuel closer to the suction point means theres less resistance to flow and so you get a richer mixture.
If thats not it then solder the main jet closed and use a micro bit to drill a hole a smaller size.

Thanks I adjusted it once where it wouldn't over flow so I thought that it was good then but it's funny you said that because i was wondering about the if I should adjust it more. The problem is that it run really good and idles really good it's just black on plug.I just didn't want to hurt the engine being rich.

My bike likes to run a little rich which is OK as long as there isnt carbon build up on the plug tip which would interfere with the spark.

I already drill the jets to get it to this point and raised the e clip,It really runs good I'm proud how good it runs and idles big difference from when I first built it wouldn't idle or no throttle.I'll try the float again then if that don't work I'll just change plug every month or so during riding season.Thanks jaguar

you can't hurt an engine if you run it too rich.
It may run like ****, but it won't get hurt.

I already drill the jets to get it to this point and raised the e clip,It really runs good I'm proud how good it runs and idles big difference from when I first built it wouldn't idle or no throttle.I'll try the float again then if that don't work I'll just change plug every month or so during riding season.Thanks jaguar

If you drilled the jet, that would make it run richer. a bigger hole = more fuel.
unless you soldered the hole closed and drilled a smaller than stock hole in the jet.
if i'm reading what you wrote correctly, I am seeing that it was running rich and you drilled the jet out and now it runs better?

I had a friend do it for me and he moved away and he's not talking to me because he got a divorce and I don't have his new number.So I guess I will have to look and see what he did to the jets. I think he he said he made them bigger tho.I really hate to do anything to it tho,because it really runs good.If I decide to soldered the jets what kind of soldered do I use.Thanks again

Just use regular solder from Radio Shack. don't use the lead-free solder because it is a lot harder to melt.

Back