need to identify what cc motor I have

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyMotorBikey

Local time
3:27 AM
I bought a MB off of craigslist seller was not the person who purchased the bike origionally and knew nothing about it. Its a typical looking china 2 stroke... These motors all look pretty much the same to me...

how can i find out what cc enigine I have with the least amount of disassembly? plug type maybe? idk

really dont want to pop the head off doubtfull I can get away with doing it without having to purchase a replacement gasket...

any ideas or insight would be valued.
Thanks

engines 60cc or less usually have 6mm head bolts - larger engines usually have 8mm head bolts, but the top end might have been changed on a used engine : (

I bought a MB off of craigslist seller was not the person who purchased the bike origionally and knew nothing about it. Its a typical looking china 2 stroke... These motors all look pretty much the same to me...

how can i find out what cc enigine I have with the least amount of disassembly? plug type maybe? idk

really dont want to pop the head off doubtfull I can get away with doing it without having to purchase a replacement gasket...
Post a few pics and I could tell you right away.

Are there any markings or stickers on the motor?

The two most common sizes are 48cc and 66 cc which are sometimes incorrectly
and dishonestly called 80's

The easiest way to tell is that the 48 cc have 6 mm dia head studs
and the vast majority of 66 cc have 8 mm head studs.

The plug type is the same for 48 cc and 66 cc

There is no need to remove the head or disassemble anything.
The head studs are farther apart for the 66 cc

" Head studs further apart on 66 cc " Great advice ! Measured both head gaskets 50 cc = 41.8 mm 66 cc= 46.3 mm a very hard to
see a 3mm difference .

One clue is, most 50cc have straight up and down cylinders, most 66 cc cylinders are slanted forward.

For official purposes its a 49cc. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

For official purposes its a 49cc. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
The OP is in California and we don't have a less than 50 cc law.

CA law only specifies under 2 hp and that's about what a stock 66 cc makes.

My head studs are 8mm so 60cc it is! Thanks. Is there any places local here in socal say near san bernardino to buy parts for these?

Not to be a dick or anything but the OP was "how to identify which 2 stroke". And reading through the replies, it could be a 66, 60, 50, 49 or a 48 but the implication from the first response is that it is a 66 or 48 not one of five. What gives? I came across this when I did a Google search for that exact reason, and now I have no idea what I'm looking at or asking?

I'm guessing saying a 60 means 66 and saying a 50 means 49/48? If that is right it doesn't help the new at all. Sorry for busting balls in my first post. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back