NEEDED: Wider Cranks

Having some pedal clearance problems with my 80cc centrifugal. Anyone selling a wider one piece crankset or a square tape (american) bottom bracket? (i have a set of extended cranks, but they wont work on my one-piece schwinn crankset)
Thanks.

I have added a picture-i have this bike and those cranks, but not the bottom bracket.
1653_sepgreen7_1.jpg

I had the same problem! Go to your local bike shop (LBS), and see if they either have in stock or can order the spindle for the three piece crank set. Mine had to order it,,,

Papa

I used a 1-piese out of a boy's 12' bike on one I built last year felt strange at frist but worked fine

This is what you need. Local Bike shop should be able to fix ya right up!
Your gonna need some peddles too, the ones on the one piece crank are 1/2" and you need 9/16".
1609_full_22147_1.jpg

Papa

THANKS!!

Thanks for all your help (that picture is perfect). This place is the best!

thanks for the help.

No bike shop seems to want to help....I think I will start over with a new bike.

no bike shop wants to help?!?!

I would try calling on different days maybe you just got one of the people who "I hate life everybody should die" people that I have gotten at bike shops. Then another day you call and everything is peachy with perfect answers and helpfu.

I called my buddy who pwns one of our LBS. I emailed the above pics to him. he's looking for an outlet for your part.
I'll let ya know what I find out.

(Our other LBS guy wouldn't spit on you is you were on fire....a real snob!!)

srdavo you said PWNS!!! that PWNS!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn :LOL:
Note: Your typo is exactly how it got started btw just a mistake.
Its not uncommon for me to say "owned" or "pwned" quite often while gaming :)

Yeah that is truth about snobs I cannot understand how some bike shops have such jerks... I always myself considered bicycle shops to be places of people who enjoy life and enjoy going outside and doing various things like that.

Back