Needle c clamp adjustment in carburetor

xspade17x

Local time
2:41 PM
I use 91 unleaded gas and am using 16:1 2 stroke ratio for gas for now. I'm in southern california. Is there an adjustment I can make to help my carburetor run better?
15851902041797558130379700351812.jpg

I know the Mfg recommends 16:1 but it's generally accepted that is too much oil. Mixtures that thick will eventually gunk up the exhaust pipe. I recommend breaking in the engine at 24:1 and then going 32:1 after break in using a high quality 2 cycle synthetic or semi-synthetic oil, others might disagree and the subject has been argued on other threads.

I know the Mfg recommends 16:1 but it's generally accepted that is too much oil. Mixtures that thick will eventually gunk up the exhaust pipe. I recommend breaking in the engine at 24:1 and then going 32:1 after break in using a high quality 2 cycle synthetic or semi-synthetic oil, others might disagree and the subject has been argued on other threads.
Thank you but I was asking about the c clamp on the needle

In the other thread you posted a picture of your plug, as you think you're running lean. If that's the case then you want to move the clip down a notch. This will let more fuel past the needle enriching the mixture.

8 Fluid ounces per gallon
Okay, that's norm for new engine.
Can you run the bike pretty hard and when it's close to top speed pull the clutch in and hit the kill at the same time. Coast to a stop and pull the plug and take another picture, this will give you a truer reading on the running mixture. Make sure you ride it until it's warm before you do the test.

Okay, that's norm for new engine.
Can you run the bike pretty hard and when it's close to top speed pull the clutch in and hit the kill at the same time. Coast to a stop and pull the plug and take another picture, this will give you a truer reading on the running mixture. Make sure you ride it until it's warm before you do the test.
Will do. I'll post the picture in a bit. Give me about an hour.

Back