pedal pusher

Local time
4:57 AM
What should I put on this bike?

Attachments

• m_dae62d0326a7b0822e3ada36ab2f8c41[1].jpg
    m_dae62d0326a7b0822e3ada36ab2f8c41[1].jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 252
I agree with Mickey. A Chinese 2-stroke would be an easy fit, plus it will look great with the springer forks. Now you just need to decide if you want to go with a 48cc or 70cc engine.

Best of luck!

Try to get another brake on there,though. Pic too small. Any way a front brake can go on?
That looks like a sweet bike. I bet you payed a bit for it.

Tanks for the input. Im gonna try the shimono/nexus roller brake on the front and use the coaster on the rear. As for the engine, 70/80cc is for me! I do alot of drag racing here in Detroit and bigger is better.

Budget? Well Im upside down in this bike as it is sooo....I have spent about 7 or 800 on it. Its a (06) Schwinn cruiser SSX and then I changed out a bunch of parts with some NOS Schwinn stuff. My pic is way too small to see some of the detail but it has alot of "I WANT" parts that Schwinn guys look for. Im a lil warped, I go way tooooo far on my projects,but heh, why not? The two rims (hoops only) are Sun Double wides,$160 for 2, the tires are Maxxis Holy Rollers,$70, but like they say "ya git what ya pay for". So ta answer your question, Not sure. Im thinkin when all said and done,$500 for engine kit, sprocket(36or40 tooth)HIPO pipe and a Hipo carb w/K&N performance filter. I can port and polish/ mill the head in my shop. and wiseco will make a piston for anythin. I just need to get the right kit for a good platform to build on. You guys know the good ones so please..........INPUT/DATA. Thanx

Budget? Well Im upside down in this bike as it is sooo....I have spent about 7 or 800 on it. Its a (06) Schwinn cruiser SSX and then I changed out a bunch of parts with some NOS Schwinn stuff. My pic is way too small to see some of the detail but it has alot of "I WANT" parts that Schwinn guys look for. Im a lil warped, I go way tooooo far on my projects,but heh, why not? The two rims (hoops only) are Sun Double wides,$160 for 2, the tires are Maxxis Holy Rollers,$70, but like they say "ya git what ya pay for". So ta answer your question, Not sure. Im thinkin when all said and done,$500 for engine kit, sprocket(36or40 tooth)HIPO pipe and a Hipo carb w/K&N performance filter. I can port and polish/ mill the head in my shop. and wiseco will make a piston for anythin. I just need to get the right kit for a good platform to build on. You guys know the good ones so please..........INPUT/DATA. Thanx

I have NOTHING against Chinese 2-strokes...infact i love my little HT and have refused a number of purchase offers.....BUT,let's face it no matter how much money u spend on them and how much u jazz them up their still going be substandard.
Put a 4-stroke in that frame...a genuine Honda GXH50 with a Grubee gearbox.
The Honda is recognised as the worlds best engine(of it's type) and there are sooo many accessories available for it,or it's clone.
Spend the money and have something that will potentially last a lifetime.
Like u said "ya git what ya pay for". :)

Pricey bike, looking for good engine?

Hi speaking for myself, other than the 1965 REAL Schwinn StingRay I have collected all the parts for, I will never for myself that I can imagine, put a 2 stroke chinese engine in a good bike.

Wanting a great engine for your bike? Look at the Whizzer, bigger, stronger, and EVERY nut bolt and screw MUCH better quality than the Chinese 2-stroke. Last long enuf to be worth the extra money? You bet your bolted to the spokes sprockets it is!

By the time you buy a pipe, reed box, walbro carb, and your second or third engine because they blew up, you could have had a Whizzer.

Speed? Ask Quenton, he races his, I've not done any formal racing with mine, but he can tell you what you can expect if you want to go that way.

Mike

i'd have to agree with the posts above. The chinese are great if you want to look at it like "you don't have anything to lose because even if it blows up on you, you will have had your fun" So far i'm at a buck a day, if it blew up today. To do what you want to do and then to go with a very loud 2 stroke is almost pointless.
A honda will go for years and years.I've still got an old Honda "mini-trail" (50cc) with the fold down handlebars and solid frame. It is now being used by my second child and still starts first kick.The thing is about 20 years old! Have not done anything to it but oil changes. Why not get the best! Honda rules!!!

Back