Neighbor insists on seals on main bearings

Can anyone confirm that 2 stroke engines can not have seals on the mains? what will happen if they do. I want to come up with some info.

Can anyone confirm that 2 stroke engines can not have seals on the mains? what will happen if they do. I want to come up with some info.
As was mentioned before the inner sheilds should be removed and it's up to you weather you leave the outer sheilds in place or not it won't hurt or do anything.For those whom stuff the case or improve the pumping efficaintcy then leaving the outer sheilds in place helps to retain the function of the crank seals.The clutch shaft can have both seals it's not turning high rpm like the crank.

Ugh this guy is frustrating he now has a grudge on me because he saw the seals I took off the bearings and he won’t listen when I say it’s fine. I’ll let him do it himself and he’ll find out 50 miles down the road. The funny part is I was working on his engine for free. Not gonna buy him anything or work on anything again. Ignorance is no excuse for a grudge, although the guy is kinda older and paranoid.

Ugh this guy is frustrating he now has a grudge on me because he saw the seals I took off the bearings and he won’t listen when I say it’s fine. I’ll let him do it himself and he’ll find out 50 miles down the road. The funny part is I was working on his engine for free. Not gonna buy him anything or work on anything again. Ignorance is no excuse for a grudge, although the guy is kinda older and paranoid.
lol, ive had that happen before as well, helped my neigbor fix his lawn mower multiple times (even replaced the belt too) now he has a grudge on me becuase his pos mower didnt start after 5 months of sitting, and he blames ME for it (saying that i broke it, and i should fix it even thought i fixed the damn thing for free)
i told him fix it yourself, lets see how good of a mechanic you are.
i reccommend you do the same.

Almost done this zeda80 case has been matched with the cylinder and polished the insides like a mirror almost and ive removed all four shields off the main bearings even filed teeth on bevel wheel for less wear and tear molly greased the clutch and drilled holes in clutch plate for better cooling and added friction

Attachments

• 20190110_145853~2.jpg
    20190110_145853~2.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 187
  • 20190110_145831~2.jpg
    20190110_145831~2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 20190109_152412~2.jpg
    20190109_152412~2.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 20190110_145819.jpg
    20190110_145819.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 194
never seen a clutchplate like that nice work i dont know about more friction but it would be interesting to see how it turns out

I drilled mine with 1/8" holes and all it did was wear the pads. That engine had the rubber pads though. Rubber shavings all over.

Those Miami boy's started that drill out the clutch plate and the cover with a big hole in the center and a bunch of random holes around it.They were doing so because they run 11/26 or even 12/28 on 26 and 29" wheels for top speed and to get it up on the pipe when it's staged at 7-8k they have to slip the clutch alot to get there and in doing so creates alot of heat.

Thats the idea except im running 10/32 on 26"s i only weigh like 150-160lbs so should help some in bottom of powerband give a lil more torque for reclaming lost speed coming out of a corner or sharp turn im hoping anyways

Back