Nevadas New Laws

vegaspaddy

Local time
1:19 PM
The following is straight from the Nevada DMV website, as i was out of operation all of last year i had little interest in the matter, but since i hope to get out and ride this summer i decided to do some digging.

Well its no longer a gray area...

"Moped" means a motor-driven scooter, motor-driven cycle or similar vehicle that is propelled by a small engine which produces not more than 2 gross brake horsepower, has a displacement of not more than 50 cubic centimeters or produces not more than 1500 watts final output, and is capable of a maximum speed of not more than 30 miles per hour on a flat surface with not more than 1 percent grade in any direction when the motor is engaged. (2009 Assembly Bill 441 - Effective 10/1/09)

You must have a Class C or higher driver license to drive a moped or motorized bicycle on a public street. You do not need a Class M license. Mopeds do not require insurance or vehicle registration. If the moped produces more than 2 gross brake horsepower, or has a displacement of more than 50 cubic centimeters (50 cc), or produces not more than 1500 watts final output, or is capable of exceeding thirty miles per hour (30 mph) on a flat grade, it is considered a motorcycle and you must have a Class M license, registration and insurance.

Mopeds must have the same safety equipment (lights, mirrors, etc.) as a motorcycle in order to be driven on any public street. See the Motorcycle Equipment Tip Sheet. Other vehicles with a small engine are considered off-road motor vehicles and may not be operated on public streets.

guess i will have to start building up some serious lighting kits..... and watch my speed!!!!!!!

ps: should i tell all the guys selling completed bikes on craigslist

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/bik/1614140714.html

No license, no registration needed totally streetlegal. (not quite)

http://www.dmvnv.com/motorcycle.htm#Mopeds

Last edited by a moderator:
Back