Never Been Said Before

inspectorcritic

Local time
3:38 PM
Did you know that clutch post in-between the 2 springs you are suppose to take out screw and fill it to the brim with your favorite 2 stroke oil.

How many bottom ends have I lost cuz I always wonder how does the crank case get lube!

All cars have oil pans to bathe the crankcase in oil! Why should a 2 stroke be different.

Sure they can't ship the motor to us full because it may leak a dirty no no in shipping.

How much oil though? I think'th right to the top that should create more pressure more compression and more power and higher speeds and longer lasting engine into years instead of months.

I got an engine that's going bad can tell that it's sick but will try and see what happens.

Last edited:
Did you know that clutch post in-between the 2 springs you are suppose to take out screw and fill it to the brim with your favorite 2 stroke oil.

How many bottom ends have I lost cuz I always wonder how does the crank case get lube!

All cars have oil pans to bathe the crankcase in oil! Why should a 2 stroke be different.

Sure they can't ship the motor to us full because it may leak a dirty no no in shipping.

How much oil though? I think'th right to the top that should create more pressure more compression and more power and higher speeds and longer lasting engine into years instead of months.

I got an engine that's going bad can tell that it's sick but will try and see what happens.
Like denzil said the engine gets it's lube from the oil in the gas. Whoever told you about putting oil in the clutch housing is screwing with your head. The clutch housing and the crank case are 2 separate compartments.

I always thought if you could mist the crank and rod, youd be good but then it becomes complicated with a wet sump, pump and plumbing. at that point you might as well accept a cam and valves and go 4 stroke. from what I hear oil injected engines were not really that good in a long run. ppl always removed the system and went with pre-mix

Like denzil said the engine gets it's lube from the oil in the gas. Whoever told you about putting oil in the clutch housing is screwing with your head. The clutch housing and the crank case are 2 separate compartments.
Learn how to read before you accuse of your idiot views.

Will it blow up with the force of dynamite? I'm still licking an infected shin pedal wound from months ago.

Grease may work but may heat up to be so runny as oil but I feel there should be more lubricant than trying to siphoning it out of the gas from the top end down to the bottom end. Just like 4 strokes crank is in oil bath.

Will that extend my engine life cause I'm only getting about a year out of them at most when I should be getting 20 years at the least.

Now folks, are we talking wet clutches or dry? If it's a wet clutch never use synthetic oil or you'll wear it out prematurely.

Back