New 2-stroke engine won't start

Pull spark plug,,, place finger over spark plug hole,,, you'll know if you have compression as you push the bike,,, you'll feel good pressure on your finger... look at spark plug as you push the bike,,, if there is a faint spark your good too go...
Ground plug on the engine some where...
You'll see good spark at night...

Take carb off engine,,, hook up fuel line and blow air threw carb,,, you'll see gas fumes existing carb on the back side...

Small fumage with carb closed,,, a bit more fuel Fumes with carb opened full bore...
Make sure the plunger opens all the way...
Throttle cable adjustment...
Plunger needs too open and close all the way...
Plunger will rest on the idle screw when closed...

If your happy with 20:1 mix then have at it,,, you'll never catch me running that mix on any of my new builds...

Just me that is...

The spark will most likely be correct for the zeda engine since the spark control can only fit on 1 way... just saying is all...

So,,, if you got a good feeling of compression,,, constant spark at plug,,, gas wash exciting carb it will start...

A thick fuel mix makes it hard for the engine too stay running,,, it makes it hard to burn the cylinder clean after ignition only to be caked up with the next engine cycle...

A thick fuel mix makes it real hard for the engine too keep running...

I'll share jetting crap with you later my friend...

Keep us up todate on what you discover,,, stick too the easy check items first...

I've been lucky since I follow this troubleshooting routine """if""" i encounter a non running engine that fails to start...

I'm sure you'll get it sorted,,, it would be nice too know what you find is causing this conundrum

You'll find your own troubleshooting skills that work for you in your order...

That's what makes a good power bike dude,,, that and getting a girls nick name... ha

Pal Nancy

Appreciate everyone's advice:)

I looked inside the spark plug hole today and noticed a small indentation on the top of the piston. Looks as if it's been striking the spark plug. You can see it in the pictures I've attached.

Also some light scoring on the piston and cylinder, but it was hard to photograph.

I'm beginning to think this might just be a dud engine.

Attachments

• IMG_2963.jpg
    IMG_2963.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2967.jpg
    IMG_2967.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 118
I would say something went thru your cylinder, trash wise, or a wrist pin circlip. That damage was caused by a foreign object going thru the cylinder.

Smoothed out head and top of cylinder with fine sand paper
I looked inside the spark plug hole today and noticed a small indentation on the top of the piston. Looks as if it's been striking the spark plug. You can see it in the pictures I've attached.
Did you notice that Before you sanded down the head and top of cylinder???

It is more than possible that you sanded it down too much resulting in the plug hitting the top of the piston.

If this is indeed the case, double up on the bottom crankcase gasket to avoid this from happening...DAMIEN

Did you notice that Before you sanded down the head and top of cylinder???

It is more than possible that you sanded it down too much resulting in the plug hitting the top of the piston.

If this is indeed the case, double up on the bottom crankcase gasket to avoid this from happening...DAMIEN
I don't think I took that much off, I only gave it a light sanding.

This happened after tried out a B6HS spark plug. Looks like the threads are slightly longer than the stock plug that came with the kit.

This happened after tried out a B6HS spark plug. Looks like the threads are slightly longer than the stock plug that came with the kit.
If you didn't sand too much off if that is the case, the NGK-B6S plug...Without the H in it, will be the same length size as the one that came with the kit then...You could always try that one, but ive never seen the B6HS hit the piston on these china girls unless too much was shaved from the head and the jug...The doubling of the bottom gaskets would raise it a little more so it doesnt't hit as well...DAMIEN

Back