New 2cycle build kit reviews

I'm currently looking to buy a new kit and was wondering what everyone's thoughts on this kit is I can't find many reviews on it the ones I do find are positive only so I figure the bad ones get deleted

I haven't used this type of engine with the block glued onto the cylinder to accept the reed. Heard that some have had problems with the block detaching from the jug. Also heard some have remedies for this.

I haven't used this type of engine with the block glued onto the cylinder to accept the reed. Heard that some have had problems with the block detaching from the jug. Also heard some have remedies for this.
I don't see anything is glued it say I have assemble the cylinder and piston to the case I also see that the reed is screwed through the top of the cylinder do u have any ideas on a better performance kit for a decent$

I have a older kit that I been running a flying horse but I somehow got a nice gouge in the cylinder and a few other issues I just figured it would be best to start all new and rebuild my old one over time

I don't see anything is glued it say I have assemble the cylinder and piston to the case I also see that the reed is screwed through the top of the cylinder do u have any ideas on a better performance kit for a decent$
The plate for the dio reed is glued to the cylinder.

Those Dios are known to leak and the OKO clone is on the big side and can be a pain to tune (drilling out one hole inside the carb helps a ton).

BMW had some killer deals on ported PK80 motors with great upgrades recently @ $199, but he only had like 10 of them at that price and they are back to $259 now. Still a great deal at $259 considering it comes with port work, CNC head, OZ mag, speed carb, set of 60-70 jets, NGK plug and wire, and the tensioner.

If you want a basic kit to start out and mod yourself he has PK80s that come with the upgraded case mounted spring tensioner, both 36 and 44t sprockets, and a speed carb for only $150.

With the recent hit to quality of the Zeda motors, the PK80s are the better choice unless you want to spend a bunch of money on a ported sleeved setup or case reed.

Back