New 32 tooth sprocket limiting rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not cool to speed. that's the actual law.

can't go 40 down a 25 even on a skateboard

We can legally bicycle race and speed during that in Cali... however it is regulated, i preserve that Federal class motorized bicycle

I also use a speedometer so as to not speed i'll do 180 if I don't hit the gov first

I bet NB and HB had a lot of thefts to cause a crackdown.

Life is situational - if your ride goes 35 in a 35 good news don't blow your motor up racing the cars that speed. Or do, I do.

If you're on a bike path, then a lot of those laws make sense and have a purpose.

OH MY GOD VB BIKE PATH RACE THAT WOULD BE AN ORGANIZED RIOT

Last edited:
I agree. Ride safe and the cops will probably leave you alone. Just keep in mind that people have gotten warnings and fines in cities like Newport Beach and Huntington Beach where they actively enforce the M2\plate requirement as clearly written in the law.

One example: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=15268
The only reason I won my ticket was the cops lack of knowledge in the laws governing MB's here in az. He sited me for operating a motor vehicle in a bike lane, and had no argument based on law to back it up. He kept using the phrase "well I feel", and once I showed the judge how his feelings didn't change how the laws are written the officer was actually scolded a little bit. I was found not responsible. If he had taken a different approach I might not have been so lucky.

The only reason I won my ticket was the cops lack of knowledge in the laws governing MB's here in az. He sited me for operating a motor vehicle in a bike lane, and had no argument based on law to back it up. He kept using the phrase "well I feel", and once I showed the judge how his feelings didn't change how the laws are written the officer was actually scolded a little bit. I was found not responsible. If he had taken a different approach I might not have been so lucky.

I have mixed feelings about mixed use roads like that too - bike lanes and shared streets and 40mph streets, parking lots and depending on my speed I will be further to the left (faster) or right (slower) of my lane and drive the flow of both traffics not to exceed the speed limit in the bike lane and the street and between them because that's not how I feel its how I drive a motorbicycle dodging road hazards like cars and bicycles and cardoors and people and potholes and slick white lines while maintaining the flow of traffic without exceeding the speed limit.

What he's saying is that he's going to state the law in such a fashion that it makes it out to be that the design of the bike is up to the creator, and thus the definition of the bike in his mind is what it is in reality.

This is probably because of the word "meets" in the saying 'meets the definition' of this or that section. He's using the idea that if he undercuts the concept of the definition and plays his reality off as "not-even-meeting" the requirements, and thus is by design something else, and so must be a bicycle by not evaluating the "additional equipment" as they would like to say

The answer is that the judge say that's not how it's defined, it means that meeting a list of criteria is as simple as putting those objects together as a single instrument of travel. If you put the motor in it, then it simply is (meets) a motorized bike in California.

It's as simple as that, big bicycle small bicycle any bicycle in California, when installed with an engine or motor will automatically meet the requirements of a motorized bike class vehicle, and a court and officer of the law will recognize that all the installed parts will make that bike a motorized bike in the court and should be treated as such. If that officer recognized that you were on a California defined motorized bike and that you failed to get the plate (good job California, now you're thinking in the right direction, make money, not deficit) then he will pull you over because you are sitting on an operational motorized bike or moped or all the way up to tucks and many other larger vehicles, without a plate designating your allowance to use that vehicle on the roads.

Get over it, it's not how you make it out that what you built isn't a motorized bike, it's how it will operate and what causes it to go, whether pedaling, a small engine, or a large 8 cylinder diesel, all additional components come at a cost of what they force your bike to become.

It would be no different than me killing a person in cold blood and saying I wasn't killing them in my mind, and therefor the outcome was not murder, but me baking a pizza, which is not illegal and does not meet the requirements of a murder charge.

Case closed your logic is frameworked solely from your point of view and not the facts of a reality where if you do what you say you're going to do, then you inevitably will end up in a prison cell for a day or 2.

What he's saying is that he's going to state the law in such a fashion that it makes it out to be that the design of the bike is up to the creator, and thus the definition of the bike in his mind is what it is in reality.

This is probably because of the word "meets" in the saying 'meets the definition' of this or that section. He's using the idea that if he undercuts the concept of the definition and plays his reality off as "not-even-meeting" the requirements, and thus is by design something else, and so must be a bicycle by not evaluating the "additional equipment" as they would like to say

The answer is that the judge say that's not how it's defined, it means that meeting a list of criteria is as simple as putting those objects together as a single instrument of travel. If you put the motor in it, then it simply is (meets) a motorized bike in California.

It's as simple as that, big bicycle small bicycle any bicycle in California, when installed with an engine or motor will automatically meet the requirements of a motorized bike class vehicle, and a court and officer of the law will recognize that all the installed parts will make that bike a motorized bike in the court and should be treated as such. If that officer recognized that you were on a California defined motorized bike and that you failed to get the plate (good job California, now you're thinking in the right direction, make money, not deficit) then he will pull you over because you are sitting on an operational motorized bike or moped or all the way up to tucks and many other larger vehicles, without a plate designating your allowance to use that vehicle on the roads.

Get over it, it's not how you make it out that what you built isn't a motorized bike, it's how it will operate and what causes it to go, whether pedaling, a small engine, or a large 8 cylinder diesel, all additional components come at a cost of what they force your bike to become.

It would be no different than me killing a person in cold blood and saying I wasn't killing them in my mind, and therefor the outcome was not murder, but me baking a pizza, which is not illegal and does not meet the requirements of a murder charge.

Case closed your logic is frameworked solely from your point of view and not the facts of a reality where if you do what you say you're going to do, then you inevitably will end up in a prison cell for a day or 2.

I drive this plate which is open to interpretation.
DSC_0122.JPG

CVC 406b no licence no plate must stay under 20mph flat ground. CVC 406a 1 time 18 dollar fee for special lifetime plate must stay under 30 mph flat ground. M1 drivers licence required. Ca. has two diff. catagories of motorized bike. One allowing greater speed with a licenced operator paying a one time plate fee.
You are outdated.
406 B is gone and replaced with the new 3 part ebike laws which allow up to 28 mph.

406 A is $21 or $22. M2 license required which is trumped by an M1

Yep looks like a motorized bicycle class vehicle without a plate, which is what a cop will say. You see that new legislation looks very suspicious, it even has a bit of legislation that if you sell one you must print out a paper that acts as a disclaimer about possibly not being able to get insurance for the thing. It even goes as far as telling you what size font to use. If that doesn't scream backyard mechanic then I don't know what does. That sounds like they precisely had the standard motorized bike we all know and love in mind that exact moment the legislation was pushed through and established.

This means the guys paying the cops are going to tell them to harass you to get you to pay the state 18 bucks so that they get their 12% tax on your 150 dollar motor kit China Direct.

Trust me, once it's fully spread to the enforcement teams you will have to comply or die. Pay the money and stop trying to avoid reality, trust me it's easy to do when you spend too much time in front of a computer honing over your legal dictionaries for ultra precise fashions to dissect the very meaning of words to a point where you can redefine a definition or even undercut a definition by using your "bubble of law" where your legal definition as a citizen creates a law that sits lower than federal or state or even city ordinances by creating a legal definition in your mind and applying it to the reality around you and saying "hey this square peg I invented doesn't fit in your round hole," only problem is that your square peg is really a round peg, but you look at it in such a way that you believe it's a square peg.

That is what is known as insanity.

Good luck.

Yep looks like a motorized bicycle class vehicle without a plate, which is what a cop will say. You see that new legislation looks very suspicious, it even has a bit of legislation that if you sell one you must print out a paper that acts as a disclaimer about possibly not being able to get insurance for the thing. It even goes as far as telling you what size font to use. If that doesn't scream backyard mechanic then I don't know what does. That sounds like they precisely had the standard motorized bike we all know and love in mind that exact moment the legislation was pushed through and established.

This means the guys paying the cops are going to tell them to harass you to get you to pay the state 18 bucks so that they get their 12% tax on your 150 dollar motor kit China Direct.

Trust me, once it's fully spread to the enforcement teams you will have to comply or die. Pay the money and stop trying to avoid reality, trust me it's easy to do when you spend too much time in front of a computer honing over your legal dictionaries for ultra precise fashions to dissect the very meaning of words to a point where you can redefine a definition or even undercut a definition by using your "bubble of law" where your legal definition as a citizen creates a law that sits lower than federal or state or even city ordinances by creating a legal definition in your mind and applying it to the reality around you and saying "hey this square peg I invented doesn't fit in your round hole," only problem is that your square peg is really a round peg, but you look at it in such a way that you believe it's a square peg.

That is what is known as insanity.

Good luck.

I see federal law as a square hole and cali law the circular peg the correct diameter to fit as in a reply or in addition to.

What does this look like?
DSC_0124.JPG

I am a gas station mixologist with a whole cocktail set minibar and chemistry set for my china girl that drinks too much.

lets get super technical and call the bicycle engine with 12v generator and red light a 48cc Bicycle Light.

Last edited:
I see federal law as a square hole and cali law the circular peg the correct diameter to fit as in a reply or in addition to.

What does this look like?
View attachment 76767
I am a gas station mixologist with a whole cocktail set minibar and chemistry set for my china girl that drinks too much.

lets get super technical and call the bicycle engine with 12v generator and red light a 48cc Bicycle Light.
That's fine as long as the engine isn't propelling the bicycle in the process of lighting up your pretty lights.

In a court when asked if the engine propelled the bike forward and are told by the judge to give a yes or no answer you are left with the truth or with lying to the court. Since the judge is probably not as off center as you seem to be he will likely make you pay fines, and righteously so, you seem like you need a healthy dose of reality, you can either chew and swallow or have somebody shove it up your ass.

Please drive around the block of the nearest police station with a camera and test this theory of yours for us once and for all. As the old Internet adage goes #pics or it didn't happen.

That's fine as long as the engine isn't propelling the bicycle in the process of lighting up your pretty lights.

In a court when asked if the engine propelled the bike forward and are told by the judge to give a yes or no answer you are left with the truth or with lying to the court. Since the judge is probably not as off center as you seem to be he will likely make you pay fines, and righteously so, you seem like you need a healthy dose of reality, you can either chew and swallow or have somebody shove it up your ass.

Please drive around the block of the nearest police station with a camera and test this theory of yours for us once and for all. As the old Internet adage goes #pics or it didn't happen.

lets see a youtube of you starting your bike without pedals or run up on flat ground and define propel

Electric propels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back