New 32 tooth sprocket limiting rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.
So?

You posted random statements, a vehicle code for electric bikes and you proved that motorized bicycles don't need to be registered when nobody here is saying they do. In other words, nothing useful to this discussion. I'm not interested in your feelings or how you THINK things should be, I'm interested in what's written in the law.

Nobody is saying you need registration. Reg 230 is NOT registration, it's an application for a license plate and ID card. They specifically made sure to specify that it's not registration and that if your bike exceeds the limit of a motorized bicycle you file for REG 343, which is registration. Have you even read the form? Since you clearly haven't, here's a link: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/c...4063-a819-a5dfc8ff5691/reg230.pdf?MOD=AJPERES
Where in that form does it say it's registration? No, you don't have to answer that question.

Not an argument

Stop projecting and consider making an attempt to read the laws and form coherent arguments. Your feelings don't change what is written in the law. This matter was settled a long time ago and your irrational denial won't change that.
In the link he provided states that the motorized bike requires a plate and an ID card of some sort, the actual vehicle code he is providing covers both our standard happy time kits and bikes in section a while section B is simply saying that a specific type of electric bike is also a motorized bike. As in in a court the gasoline kit and the electric kit could both be called, legally, a motorized bicycle.

Australia, a national government sees no difference between 500w and 50cc and lists it in Watt power. You think your bike doesnt generate Watts worth of power?

30cc can be distributed in an illegal way.

The point is you're ADVERTISING a service that requires I get my M2 and you referenced the motorcycle manual.

Sorry but we are not DOT or DMV regulated. You can take your little book and read it every night it doesnt change facts. Its optional, that's the fact.

I haven't misinterpreted s**t.

Convert distributed power to watts, it isnt hard to measure the local speed limit.

What is their intention of the law? To get bicycles to travel the neighborhood speed limit instead of 45mph down the bike lane.

I have no license and travel with the flow of traffic and have zero issues with police. They always suggest I come to a full stop at stop signs, I take it into situational consideration.

Take your M2 and install a 250cc engine, you're talking about a different class of vehicle. We aren't motor vehicles despite the motor, and Tesla isnt helping the cause.

IF THERE IS NO STATE LAW FEDERAL LAW TAKES ITS PLACE.
where's the 50cc law right there

That gives municipalities and counties the right to ban them or regulate them with law if they choose.

Go read Blacks law dictionary and study municipal codes across the world.

The lack of a law doesn't mean you or police get to pick and choose similar laws to follow.

Thus Cali has an optional program for residents with an M1 and a fine state issued VIN program if you want to build mopeds or motorcycles. But we build bicycles.

The intention of the bicycle plate is for insurance and bicycle registration purposes. Its not required but they comply with us giving us the right to insurance if we have an Mwhatever license - and its not a thing to fight over. You add a bike to your licensed possessions - in the motorcycle section of your license; if you even want it registered.

Just enjoy your bike and quit trippin.

I would imagine they regulated the law because of electric motorcycles, I don't drive electric so those laws dont really apply. I could push the 1000w to compare to a 100cc motor and give another speech on distribution of power and Australias Federal equivalent and enforce my right to ride a 66/80 in Cali, granting myself more rights if I choose to misinterpret the law with common sense and a proven winning legal case.

I prefer to keep it average American and federal level and just ride the s**t out of it and maintenance it all the time.

I enforce my right to slow to less than 1mph and not stop at at stop signs as my right to exercise my bicycle after police stopped me when I took them at 5mph in response to them exercising their right to question me publically about the legality of what I'm doing. Just like I tell them - Why? Boots are expensive, I use them to start and stop my bike, I'm saving them for when I'm saving my life equivalently slamming on the brakes when other drivers operating illegally require I take evasive action. A stop sign should not require an evasive action before I pedal along 30 times in my own backyard.

Last edited:
Australia, a national government sees no difference between 500w and 50cc and lists it in Watt power. You think your bike doesnt generate Watts worth of power?

The point is you're ADVERTISING a service that requires I get my M2 and you referenced the motorcycle manual.

Sorry but we are not DOT or DMV regulated. You can take your little book and read it every night it doesnt change facts. Its optional, that's the fact.

I haven't misinterpreted sh*t.

Convert distributed power to watts, it isnt hard to measure the local speed limit.

What is their intention of the law? To get bicycles to travel the neighborhood speed limit instead of 45mph down the bike lane.

I have no license and travel with the flow of traffic and have zero issues with police. They always suggest I come to a full stop at stop signs, I take it into situational consideration.

Take your M2 and install a 250cc engine, you're talking about a different class of vehicle. We aren't motor vehicles despite the motor, and Tesla isnt helping the cause.

That gives municipalities and counties the right to ban them or regulate them with law if they choose.

The lack of a law doesn't mean you or police get to pick and choose similar laws to follow.

Thus Cali has an optional program for residents with an M1 and a fine state issued VIN program if you want to build mopeds or motorcycles. But we build bicycles.

The intention of the bicycle plate is for insurance and bicycle registration purposes. Its not required but they comply with us giving us the right to insurance if we have an Mwhatever license - and its not a thing to fight over. You add a bike to your licensed possessions - in the motorcycle section of your license; if you even want it registered.

I would imagine they regulated the law because of electric motorcycles, I don't drive electric so those laws dont really apply. I could push the 1000w to compare to a 100cc motor and give another speech on distribution of power and Australias Federal equivalent and enforce my right to ride a 66/80 in Cali, granting myself more rights if I choose to misinterpret the law with common sense and a proven winning legal case.

I prefer to keep it average American and federal level and just ride the sh*t out of it and maintenance it all the time.
So a bicycle with a 66cc motor is a bicycle but a bicycle with a 250 is not a bicycle?

I am having a hard time fathoming how you are capable of making distinction between a motor vehicle and a bicycle purely on the size of the installed motor.

Wait then I read that you can choose to personally misinterpret the law in order to circumvent it at your own discretion.

Now it's suddenly clear why you believe a motor isn't a motor even though it's a motor, you believe it simply because you say so.

Well time to drop out of this lunacy.

CVC 406b no licence no plate must stay under 20mph flat ground. CVC 406a 1 time 18 dollar fee for special lifetime plate must stay under 30 mph flat ground. M1 drivers licence required. Ca. has two diff. catagories of motorized bike. One allowing greater speed with a licenced operator paying a one time plate fee.

Last edited:
CVC 406b no licence no plate must stay under 20mph flat ground. CVC 406a 1 time 18 dollar fee for special lifetime plate must stay under 30 mph flat ground. M1 drivers licence required.
Gary that is for electric Vespas with VINs and no pedals?

So a bicycle with a 66cc motor is a bicycle but a bicycle with a 250 is not a bicycle?

I am having a hard time fathoming how you are capable of making distinction between a motor vehicle and a bicycle purely on the size of the installed motor.

Wait then I read that you can choose to personally misinterpret the law in order to circumvent it at your own discretion.

Now it's suddenly clear why you believe a motor isn't a motor even though it's a motor, you believe it simply because you say so.

Well time to drop out of this lunacy.

A bicycle with a 250cc would require a VIN and preserve its right to pedal if you leave the bicycle installed, but then you most likely need an M1 to register it.

To misinterpret the law in a way that a jury of my peers would misinterpret the laws themselves intentionally so that I can enforce my rights to bicycle exercise.

Because 4BHP is an electric braking standard? Because they say motor and specify ELECTRIC motors, can we further define 'Electric'? √

I had to reply either way.

Gary that is for electric Vespas with VINs and no pedals?
Unfortunately no. It states gas engine or electric powered. It does make the distinction that the electric may be solely motor powered, but both even with pedals will fall under one of these two provisions as a motorized bike. The gas powered bikes without pedals are listed as a motor vehicle. Still with both classes of motorized bike though 406a requires a m1 licence and plate 406b has neither of a's requirements and both classes need no registration or insurance.

Last edited:
Well I think 100cc 1000w would be a nice kit. Rear mount to a jackshaft shift kit, center frame for first gear, electric 1000w front wheel. I'd register a VIN about that get my M1 and install real brakes and it would be a motor driven cycle.

I've found Cali to be federally compliant using common sense in what laws they do have, I dunno where people hear these other laws.

Enforce your rights first, question the law when it appears as an officer. You know he follows Federal Code no matter what municipality. Chew on that for a minute.

Common sense are things like bike paths and bike lanes and mixed use roads and flow of traffic and equestrian paths.

Last edited:

I haven't misinterpreted sh*t.

I prefer to keep it average American and federal level and just ride the sh*t out of it and maintenance it all the time.

I enforce my right to slow to less than 1mph and not stop at at stop signs as my right to exercise my bicycle after police stopped me when I took them at 5mph in response to them exercising their right to question me publically about the legality of what I'm doing. Just like I tell them - Why? Boots are expensive, I use them to start and stop my bike, I'm saving them for when I'm saving my life equivalently slamming on the brakes when other drivers operating illegally require I take evasive action. A stop sign should not require an evasive action before I pedal along 30 times in my own backyard.

So no actual arguments. Got it.

They are listed in the cal. vehicle codes. The law is similar here, but doesn't give us the b option Ca. has. All of my bikes are over the limit. I just ride using common courtesy and try not to haul ass everywhere I go. I have had only on run in with the law and won the case in court. The cops in LA have way to much on their plate to screw with every MB rider they see unless they just want to use it as a excuse to check you out. A little CS goes a long way.

They are listed in the cal. vehicle codes. The law is similar here, but doesn't give us the b option Ca. has. All of my bikes are over the limit. I just ride using common courtesy and try not to haul ass everywhere I go. I have had only on run in with the law and won the case in court. The cops in LA have way to much on their plate to screw with every MB rider they see unless they just want to use it as a excuse to check you out. A little CS goes a long way.

I agree. Ride safe and the cops will probably leave you alone. Just keep in mind that people have gotten warnings and fines in cities like Newport Beach and Huntington Beach where they actively enforce the M2\plate requirement as clearly written in the law.

One example: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=15268

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back