New 4 "Cycle" engine help

H

hunbro

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
4 cycle kit

Congrates.
Your the first to buy one of those kits.Don't worry aside from the crank set,and the flat plate motor mount.There not much different than its 2 cycle brothers,and sisters. Does your frame meet the size requirements?
Your biggest problem will probable be understanding the directions.The translation from Chinese probably isn't much better than the other kits.Don't forget to fill the oil up before starting it,and don't over fill it.Use a good nondetergent oil for your break in period.
If you have any problems just ask.I use alot of the 4 cycle motors in my bikes.I would suggest if the kit dosn't come with any kind of isolater for the motor plate.I would cut an old tire tube,and use some small strips between the mount plate,and your frame.I would also put strips on the strap side that will help protect your frame with vibration wear.
Rod

wow

I can't let this idea go in my head of a 4 cylinder scate board where the seat mounts to the high rise manifolds. Thats a lot of power for a sKate board.
I know you meant 4 stroke. I hope you meant 4 stroke!
Doc

ABOUT 4 STROKE INSTALL

Hi..I too have bought one. I will be installing it and then testing it to see how it stacks up against the 2 strokes. I should be able to help you with install..That is...If I ever get mine delivered. I ordered it a few weeks ago from the same supplier as you. I am glad to hear you did get yours. I was beginning to worry. Anyway..I hope to have mine soon and then let the testing begin. Enjoy the ride..and remember.. Thats Dax !!!!

i am also aiming to buy one of these kits to test.saw them on ebay as well.
hopefully they are going to be a bit better than the two strokers.

Ok..I got it...That was the easy part

ok..My 4 stroke arrived today. Buying it was the easy part...Now..I have to install it. After close inspection, I can see that the crankcase and the Transmission, not sure what is in there....But...Both are dry and will need oil. I can see the fill plug on the Tranny... Crankcase should be easy enough...But..The main thing that I notice is how wide this motor really is..........It is wide..I mean..Really really wide.. So......Right off from the bat....I know I need to select a Bike that has a 3 piece crank so I can use the flared steel crank that comes with the kit so that the pedals will clear this wide little motor. I am not sure of displacement...I am guessing around 40cc or so by the size of the motor.

Ok..I selected a TREK 800 from my stash of bikes. It has a three piece crank. I measured my Moondog and some other similar bikes with steel one piece cranks. They are a little over 5 inches of spread. A little more than the three piece cranks..But..not near enough for this wide little motor. I measured this new little 4 stroke motor to be approximately 10inches wide..No kidding..more than twice the width of the two strokes...Wow !! There you go cowboy !!! I may be walking like one after this is done. I am worried now that the steel flared crank will not have enough to clear..We shall see... I need to get my Trek 800 running as a bike before I begin to mount the motor....To be continued......Stay tuned.....

I was wondering about the width. That is one of the reasons I opted out on buying one. I am very curious to hear about the performance of these 4 stroke engines...please keep us informed!

Back