New 4-stroke 49cc HuaSheng (142F) Build

Need to clear some things up here, but I haven't noticed any gear reducing transfer case, or clutches thats included in the kit description with these types of 4 stroke engines. I'm just thinking the only steps to do is install the throttle cable and threading a chain onto the gear sprocket...and your good to go.

no all the kits have gear reducing transfer cases. you need one. gasbike is cheapest and worst but i mcguyver mine to work for me. also, there are straight and taper shaft HS-142F motors and those type of shafts only work with a particular gear reducing case so be careful when you buy only an engine.

- gas bike 1:3, not sure what the 7g is probably 1:6
- bb 1:6.XX
- 4g 1:5 - 1:6??

no all the kits have gear reducing transfer cases. you need one. gasbike is cheapest and worst but i mcguyver mine to work for me.
also, there are straight and taper shaft HS-142F motors and those type of shafts only work with a particular gear reducing case so be careful when you buy only an engine.

- gas bike 1:3, not sure what the 7g is probably 1:6
- bb 1:6.XX
- 4g 1:5 - 1:6??
Nicely put Bak.
I like the clutch attached HS 142 {and 144 53cc} - 1G 4-stroke engine, I can bolt on a 80T 4G 4:1 reduction and it hauls ass, or a 100T 5:1 reduction for better hill climbing, or just put a jackshaft kit (or a long shaft) in for all the gearing you want, but it all starts with the engine and transfer case, and in all my experience nothing beats this combo.

Last edited:
So it looks like I'll have to get the whole kit...if I wanna get the clutch transmission. Problem is, there is NO muffler shown with this kit: Gasbike Racer

Do you need one ? I have a muffler from a 2 stroke, but not sure if it would fit with the 4 stroke.

Attachments

• 2stroke-muffler.JPG
    2stroke-muffler.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 264
So it looks like I'll have to get the whole kit...if I wanna get the clutch transmission. Problem is, there is NO muffler shown with this kit: Gasbike Racer

Do you need one ? I have a muffler from a 2 stroke, but not sure if it would fit with the 4 stroke.
The engines have a can muffler on them.

That gasbike transfer case is junk, I mean complete garbage.
Go talk to these guys for what you need next.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/4-Stroke-Engine-Kits/

A 2-stroke muffler will fit, but just get the cheapie with no catalytic converter, you don't want the back pressure 2 strokes want and they sure beat the engines can exhaust.

Here is an example of using the engines stock can muffler.

2_Blue10GL-1280.jpg

Here is an example of using a 2-stroke pipe.

2_EmeraldDoneL-1280.jpg

Little things like a freer flowing exhaust, better air clearer, and of course an NGK 7544 (CR7HIX) Iridium spark plug help a bit performance wise.

if you go with the 2-stroke exhaust instead of the stock exhaust (looks like a black box) then you will most likely need to put on the wider pedal crank. i had clearance issues with the pedals (no wide) with the 2-stroke.

if you go with the 2-stroke exhaust instead of the stock exhaust (looks like a black box) then you will most likely need to put on the wider pedal crank. i had clearance issues with the pedals (no wide) with the 2-stroke.
It depends on how high in the frame your 4-stroke engine is mounted.

If it's just an issue of your left pedal has with 4G cover, modify it.

2_29Genisis10G53L-1280.jpg

The pull start on the right is another issue, you don't want to be cutting it down, just make sure your engine is high enough for the right pedal to go under it.

Off course there is the ungodly Z pedal crank arms, ever ride one of them and had to pedal?
Shoot, it feels you are riding a bull they are so wide.

Last edited:
Performed the 9.5" x 8" 4 stroke cardboard template test and it looks like the engine will fit in my standard V Frame bike. Kit doesn't mention any manuals, but it seems the installation should be pretty straight forward. Supposedly Gasbike offers 'free shipping,' but I guess thats already price fixed.

How long did you have to wait for your delivery from Gasbike bakaneko ?

Mine took 1 week to arrive but I think I have had a good experience. There are many varying experiences with GasBike; you should read them before buying.

Why would a 79cc 4 stroke kit ....cost less then a 49cc 4 stroke kit ?? Probably wouldn't fit on my 26 incher, but I'm curious about the reviews on this larger engine.

Back