New 4-stroke 49cc HuaSheng (142F) Build

Thanks for tailoring this build for me KC. Your experience and knowledge of what makes a safe and dependable bike allowed me to make an easy decision on finding a builder I was looking for. Can't wait to see that hammered copper in the sunlight. Thanks again, DAVE
Wait what is this about hammered copper I love hammered copper! My rear fender is copper, so will be the front when I get to it, and my chainring guard is copper now as well. I have a few other ideas in store for the stuff as well, fun to work with.

It's as close to a "hammered copper" as is available. Brighter shiny copper raised pattern, with a darker background. Dave

You mean that bike in that post you quoted or am I just missing something..
The build (bike) I responded to was a build that KCVale has done for me. I'll be picking it up from him sometime in the next 2 weeks, when I drive over from southern CA to bring the build to her new permanent home. I requested hammered copper, not exactly available, but a close 2nd choice I found acceptable.

Yes, textured powder coat, this is his hammertone copper look.

2_Copper10GDoneRightFrontDrive.jpg.FP

It changes color depending on the angle of the lighting.

The GTA frames come bare, my local PC will do a frame +some extra parts for me for a flat $100 in any color and coating process I want, and I have been playing with all the cool new ways they can PC now.

Here is the color sample.

db_file_img_4282_325xauto.jpg

You can learn more about special effects PCing here.
http://www.ifscoatings.com/content/colors/ifs-special-effects/

Nothing says Custom more than custom PC that no factory bicycle ever has on it ;-}

Yes, textured powder coat, this is his hammertone copper look.

2_Copper10GDoneRightFrontDrive.jpg.FP

It changes color depending on the angle of the lighting.

The GTA frames come bare, my local PC will do a frame +some extra parts for me for a flat $100 in any color and coating process I want, and I have been playing with all the cool new ways they can PC now.

Here is the color sample.

db_file_img_4282_325xauto.jpg

You can learn more about special effects PCing here.
http://www.ifscoatings.com/content/colors/ifs-special-effects/

Nothing says Custom more than custom PC that no factory bicycle ever has on it ;-}
Now that is a cool option, and powder coats are just such a nice way to paint anything, unless you have a habit of dropping it or parking against running machinery the paint will last forever.

I keep forgetting Phoenix is a large city with access to all types of services, I just keep thinking it's a small 100,000 type of city.. Not the 6th largest in the country... I guess deserts just don't seem like the kind of place anyone in their right mind would move to, at least not to me lol...

I keep forgetting Phoenix is a large city with access to all types of services, I just keep thinking it's a small 100,000 type of city.. Not the 6th largest in the country...

I guess deserts just don't seem like the kind of place anyone in their right mind would move to, at least not to me lol...
Phoenix is big oasis in the desert.
Ya, I'm miserable right now...
I have to put my robe and slippers on to walk out back and pluck a couple of oranges for my morning juice ;-}

Beautiful riding day with a high of 70F, some big sporting events going on virtually everywhere, it sucks!
The thing is, its so spread out you don't feel cramped and what makes MB's so popular here ;-}

Nice review bakaneko. Sounds like I can easily mount the HuaSheng 4 stroke on my standard V frame MB. I only plan to order the engine only from GasBike...along with the base mounting plate, as I already have the existing sprocket, chain, tank, muffler, throttle and kill switch from the 2 stroke build. Its interesting you mentioned that you didn't have to install the wider crank pedal, so I guess I can do away with that also.

Nice review bakaneko. Sounds like I can easily mount the HuaSheng 4 stroke on my standard V frame MB. I only plan to order the engine only from GasBike...along with the base mounting plate, as I already have the existing sprocket, chain, tank, muffler, throttle and kill switch from the 2 stroke build. Its interesting you mentioned that you didn't have to install the wider crank pedal, so I guess I can do away with that also.
You do know you are going to need a gear reducing transfer case between the engine and you back wheel correct?
What are you using for a Transfer Case?
I recommend the 4G.
The TC's gasbike-Kings sell are complete junk.

Chances you will not have to use wider cranks are pretty slim though.

I buy my 4-stroke kits from http://bicycle-engines.com
They carry the good stuff and thats what my customers want.

Last edited:

ezrider, you will love this engine. it is so reliable; it survived a few transmissions and tires with 2k+ miles and still pulling me to 30mph+. I dont use the wider crank pedals because I was too lazy to put them on. So, when I pedal off the line or what not I have to move my body forward a little from a normal laid back position. It really doesn't bother me at all but put them on if it is not a big bother.

Just as an update, I am still using my motorized bicycle now and then. I also ride a motorcycle. But, I have god knows how many miles on it; the battery on my odometer ran out so I am thinking like 2k+ at this point.

- Still using the GasBike Hoot (?) transmission with a chain tensioner on the inside
- Using a pocket bike clutch bell and clutch (springs)
- 44T sprocket
- Only rear gas tank; the front leaks at the bolts (common I guess)
- Still original chain (I lube and clean frequently)

I think the big thing here is the stupid 3-arm default clutch. This is my theory but the clutch bell they give you with these kits are larger than the pocket bike clutch bell by probably 0.250+ inches in diameter. The 3-arm default clutch I think is sized for the slightly smaller pocket bike clutch bell but the default one they provide you is bigger. SOOO, I think this is why the springs keep popping before with the default clutch bell because it needs a higher RPM to engage the clutch bell which leads to more heat and wear on the springs. Thus far, I have had no spring breaks when I know there should be one. I don't know just my theory but in any case. This is a great engine and get the better 4G transmission if you can but if not you will need to McGuyver the hoot transmission to make it work.

Also don't over torque the transmission bolts, hand tighten them they are fragile.

Back