Break In New 80cc break in weird noise + low performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it will improve and getting the jetting right will be huge difference as the stock jet is usually to big (rich) and never really runs clean unless going up hill lol!
Currently I run terrible uphill. It feels like the engine is doing 0% of the job and im peddling a regular bike uphilll. My old bike stock carb and jet, 100:1 opti2 would require some peddling but would cruise uphill at a decent speed.

Currently I run terrible uphill. It feels like the engine is doing 0% of the job and im peddling a regular bike uphilll. My old bike stock carb and jet, 100:1 opti2 would require some peddling but would cruise uphill at a decent speed.
Do you still have your old carb?Sometimes you will get a dud with the NT out of hundreds of engines that have been thru this shop I only have two dud's that no matter what i do wth it it just run's like crap,So if you still have your old one try it out and see if it makes a difference!

Do you still have your old carb?Sometimes you will get a dud with the NT out of hundreds of engines that have been thru this shop I only have two dud's that no matter what i do wth it it just run's like crap,So if you still have your old one try it out and see if it makes a difference!
Im currently using the same carb that I used on my old engine. I have another NT carb that is just lying around, im tempted to try that one out.

Read up on the BREAK-IN rpm limits. Thus the word "break" (justsayin)
There is no rpm limit during break in commen practise is to not hold sustained high rpm rather throttle up and down varing speed and high rpm in small bursts gets the rings seated well and allows the engine to get to normal operating temps!

a new china girl won't seal at 100:1. you're not gonna hurt it using opti but you'll make much better power using more oil.

a new china girl won't seal at 100:1. you're not gonna hurt it using opti but you'll make much better power using more oil.
Im thinking now I Should run 20:1 Lucas Semi Synthetic. Any thoughts? Or should I stick to the opti2 and add a little more. Currently running 2.56 oz for 2 Gallons, should I run 5.12 oz for 2 gallons instead?

Im currently using the same carb that I used on my old engine. I have another NT carb that is just lying around, im tempted to try that one out.
Ok well if that carb was good before as long as it's clean and air filter is good it should work.when you are going uphill does it sound flat mono toned or does it sound rough and gurgling?

Ok well if that carb was good before as long as it's clean and air filter is good it should work.when you are going uphill does it sound flat mono toned or does it sound rough and gurgling?
Flat and monotoned. There is no change in power with WOT uphill. If i lower the throttle it still runs but very low performance. Once I level out it runs a little better. My old engine using the same carb would go uphill at a decent speed with minimal peddling required.

don't forget simple things like greasing bevel gears and bucking bar/clutch arm - torquing head bolts, trying a bit of choke to check for air leaks

don't forget simple things like greasing bevel gears and bucking bar/clutch arm - torquing head bolts, trying a bit of choke to check for air leaks
So the clutch noises could be caused by lack of grease on the gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back