New and already obsessed

Danny3xd

Local time
2:04 AM
Greetings. Last Friday the Misses said she would like to get a bike to replace one that had been stolen. Wondering around the web looking at bikes, I stumbled in here by great fortune. After viewing I think 2 pics, I went to eBay and bid on kit. (Luckily I was out bid this morning.)

I have been obsesivly reading here for 3 days now and am excited about building my first bike soon. It is great to meet you folks!

I have been obsesivly reading here for 3 days now
i like to see that...it will go a long way towards ensuring a successful 1st (& 2nd ;)) build :)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

welcome aboard... I'm new also and this forum has already helped me immensely. Good Luck! :)

Thanks!

Thank you for the warm welcome. Have to wait a week before ordering first motor. Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, snork.

Welcome to the group! Which motor did you get? It is like waiting for Christmas.:D

Thanks

Thanks Scottm. I am leaning towards SkyHawk GT-Model GT 48cc Standard to learn with (really like the look of it)Via 3S Company. Would love to hear any thoughts on this. Really am enjoying the edjimacation and reading here. Some really talented folks. I wanna build about a dozen of the style of bikes I have seen.

Careful here. Two months ago I didn't know diddly about these things. Now I have 2 drive kits, A new friction drive ordered to install with a 40cc Tanaka, three spare motors, three different sets of plans for building a bike. I am going to start hiding this from wife. I am SICK!!!!!!
But in a nice kind of way. Great hobby for a 50 yo bald fat guy
Welcome to the group and HAVE FUN

Back