New and in need of knowledge

Newtowhiz

Local time
4:20 AM
Hi hi I recently came into this old Schwinn extremely curious on what I have how original and completed is and what I need to do to get this bad boy on the road

IMG_20211216_200512.jpg

Still trying to ID this crank set if anybody has any ideas thank you in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220124-230334.png
    Screenshot_20220124-230334.png
    462.3 KB · Views: 123
Shelby Bicycles 1891 - 1964
That's a Shelby sprocket off a 1950s Shelby bicycle
In the 50s Cleveland Welding Company made Shelby bicycles
Shelby Bicycles were sold thru Gambles Dept Stores in the 50s
That Shelby Sprocket on your Whizzer is a GEM you should be proud

Here are some Shelbys that would of had that sprocket from about 1949 - 1960
DSCF6433.JPGDSCF6434.JPGDSCF6435.JPGDSCF6437.JPGDSCF6436.JPG

Whizzer Facts
First factory production complete Whizzer Motorbike in early 1948 had a Cleveland Welding Company frame
Probably the most valuable Whizzer there is and only 500 -1,000 were made. But they didn't have a Shelby sprocket.

1948 Schwinn filed a law suit over copyrights infringement
Rather go to court Whizzer let Schwinn make the Frames for the 1948-1952 Whizzer Motorbikes

In 1946 Schwinn was already making a HD Bicycle WZ 507 especially for the Whizzer motor kit
The Schwinn WZ-507 bicycle and the Whizzer motor kit were often sold together but the buyer had to install the motor
Schwinn was more than upset with Whizzer Motorbike Co. for choosing The Cleveland welding Co. to make the Whizzer Motorbike
Frames

And our whizzer of Oz shows up!!!

Thats you @Wrench
Whizzer Facts
First factory production complete Whizzer Motorbike in early 1948 had a Cleveland Welding Company frame
Probably the most valuable Whizzer there is and only 500 -1,000 were made. But they didn't have a Shelby sprocket.

1948 Schwinn filed a law suit over copyrights infringement
Rather go to court Whizzer let Schwinn make the Frames for the 1948-1952 Whizzer Motorbikes

In 1946 Schwinn was already making a HD Bicycle WZ 507 especially for the Whizzer motor kit
The Schwinn WZ-507 bicycle and the Whizzer motor kit were often sold together but the buyer had to install the motor
Schwinn was more than upset with Whizzer Motorbike Co. for choosing The Cleveland welding Co. to make the Whizzer Motorbike
Frames
And We're Off to See the Whizzer, Dorothy...lol...DAMIEN

So above pic with the red cross is a whizzer where he's trying to ID the sprocket? I knew I've seen that red cross before but can't remember what or where. Even did an image search and no luck. Well done on the ID! Shelby bike with a Whizzer kit added, right?

So above pic with the red cross is a whizzer where he's trying to ID the sprocket? I knew I've seen that red cross before but can't remember what or where. Even did an image search and no luck. Well done on the ID!
Schwinn always used that Swiss Cross as one of their identity devices for their products but thats not a Schwinn sprocket on that bike though...DAMIEN

Back