New beginning

So the wind knocked my bike down a hill lol the battery, the Lifepo4 battery seems to only go about 3 miles then just shuts off.

When i put it on the charger it takes like an hour till it is full again lol

What is the culprit..any ideas? bad cell pack or the 16s bms thing?

Or just bite the bulet and get a 48v 50ah battery?

Ride Safe everyone! :)

HP

So I've come to learn that I don't need a 60v battery.

That being said, i just ordered the 48v 30ah which after having the 60v 35ah battery, I think this is all that i require.

That 60v 35ah battery gave alot of power out of the gate :D

How fast you riding?

Nothing over 35mph on the "back to stock" set up with the 60v 35ah battery, then the wind came along and blew the bike down a hill
now that battery is toast, but the power climbing hills and just right out of the gate taking off was really awesome, in my opinion.

I may notice the drop after higher speeds eh? But the hils are really where i want the power to go to.

35mph is the highest speed limit where i ride at going down to 20mph in most of the area though, but alot of crazy hills.

So I've come to learn that I don't need a 60v battery.

That being said, i just ordered the 48v 30ah which after having the 60v 35ah battery, I think this is all that i require.

That 60v 35ah battery gave alot of power out of the gate :D
If you're using a 60v controller the voltage cut off will mess you up if switching to a 48v battery, the cut off on a 60v controller is between 50-55 v and the peak voltage of a 48v battery is 56 v so once the 48v battery drops 1-5 v it will shut down leaving the majority of charge unused and very little mileage. A 48v controller cuts off at 41-42 v which would pull a 60v battery down to low past the point of recovery and kill it fast!

If you're using a 60v controller the voltage cut off will mess you up if switching to a 48v battery, the cut off on a 60v controller is between 50-55 v and the peak voltage of a 48v battery is 56 v so once the 48v battery drops 1-5 v it will shut down leaving the majority of charge unused and very little mileage. A 48v controller cuts off at 41-42 v which would pull a 60v battery down to low past the point of recovery and kill it fast!

Got it covered ;)

When i changed the battery to the 60v i changed the control box as well. Now i'l go back to a stock box for the 48v.

Since i have two of each i might build another bike just to sell. Quite alot of people looking at electrics i see in town.

Ride Safe Street Ryderz! ;)

HP

I noticed around town in the bike shop/shops that they have ebikes, 500w and 750w.

Rode one and there is no comparrison to even my little ebike, theirs only go 15 to 20mph. The cost starts at $2500 and goes up to $3800 lol

So, a 1000w 48v 20ah system on a 26" bike, with a battery for the 750w (on road) and a battery for the 1000w (off road they say lol) might cost $800 or less to build.

Could sell then for $1200 to $1700?.... giving the buyer the option to cruise with the bigger battery or not....does this make sense?

Ride Safe ya MotorBicycle Nuts! :)

HP

Last edited:
Back