New beginning

This is the one i replaced mine with after i fried the original one riding wide open against the wind for a few miles. I only hooked up to the charge side for balance charging. My discharge comes straight off the battery tabs because i don't use the bms for a safety cut off i just watch the gauge.
Screenshot_20201202-081119_eBay.jpg

I don't think you will find a 16 series 48 volt battery management system as I've only ever seen 13 series of cells to get 48v. Is it some kind of weird battery chemistry with lower voltage to need 16 series?
BTRPower battery it is lol

The BMS says "16s" on it. This is the first battery i had, the 48v 20ah battery.
I'll need to get a BMS for the 60v 35ah battery too...maybe i'm not sure what's going on inside it either.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Ya have the Li-Ion, the vape pen batteries?

I really don't notice much difference while riding but my ride time is not much anymore.

Riding 17 miles total, then i just recharge it so no clue how long until actual recharge is needed.

I'm not sure i like the BMS safety cutoff limit...i'd like it to be lower but not sure to trust the battery meter lol

Ya have the Li-Ion, the vape pen batteries?

I really don't notice much difference while riding but my ride time is not much anymore.

Riding 17 miles total, then i just recharge it so no clue how long until actual recharge is needed.

I'm not sure i like the BMS safety cutoff limit...i'd like it to be lower but not sure to trust the battery meter lol
If your controller has lvc I'd just set that up and use that.

you mean the cut off for the battery in the controler settings?

yep, got that and lowerd it a bit in the control settings.

You don't want to do that as the battery cells can't recover if pulled to low.
How low is to low though?

Mine was factory set to shut off at 41v I lowered that to 30. I thought that was ok though?
I had spoke and asked the seller about this and he told me don't go under 16v, but i have no clue why that seemed pretty low to me so i went with
30v control box cut off.

So far when i ride the 17 mile round trip journey, i've only lost 4.7v from 58v

I'm not sure if that is good or bad, all new to me

Back