New beginning

HumanPerson

Took off the 160mm rotor and the front hydraulic brake system and swapped it out
with a 200mm rotor and a SRAM G2 R hydraulic system.

Smoother stopping it feels like.

Ride Safe you mugs! :cool:

HP

darwin

Good looking bike HP, you never want to deplete a lipo battery less than 20% charge. That's a pretty universal rule every engineer agrees on if you read about them. Think about your smart phone, when charging it never goes to 100%, mine shuts off at 85%. If you want 100% you need to plug it in again then it will. Also the ph will shut down at around 20% even though it says 0% to protect the battery and the phone.

Steve_KJ7WQK

I for one welcome our new Electric Overlords. Currently upgrading an old 24v 250w kit to 36v and a larger battery, and literally just ordered a raft of 18650's to build a 52v battery for an all new 1500w rear wheel setup for a tandem bike that should be arriving here on Sunday. And yes, the quiet is lovely sometimes. (The small motor pictured here is getting moved to a second bike. )
IMG_1931.jpg

HumanPerson

First and Foremost, Welcome to the forums @Steve_KJ7WQK ✌️

Now your wild cargo bike looks like it'll be a blast when you get'er done :)

I'd def go with at least 52v 30ah battery for your setup.

What makes you go with a 1500w rear hub drive?

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP

Steve_KJ7WQK

First and Foremost, Welcome to the forums @Steve_KJ7WQK ✌️

Now your wild cargo bike looks like it'll be a blast when you get'er done :)

I'd def go with at least 52v 30ah battery for your setup.

What makes you go with a 1500w rear hub drive?

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP
Thanks Human Person! The rear hub was chosen for it's simplicity, and the price was right. My plan is for a 52v 20ish ah build. We'll see what I can do with 100 18650's. Tandem's are fun, aren't they?

HumanPerson

Thanks Human Person! The rear hub was chosen for it's simplicity, and the price was right. My plan is for a 52v 20ish ah build. We'll see what I can do with 100 18650's. Tandem's are fun, aren't they?
I've never rode on a tandem bike but seen them in action and the riders always looked like they were Happy :)