New beginning

My BBS02 lasted me about 12K miles. When it started making noise under load I looked into rebuilding it and because they (BBS02s) were updated so many times you can't get rebuild parts or are very lucky when you do and they actually work. The BBSHD is a much better design and all the parts were readily available from day one. I would suggest the HD and so would anyone else that has had one.

Another reason for going electric was an old woman that walks her two dogs through the park.
She really hated the noise of that gas bike.

She waved at me today so I stopped and spoke with her. I just thought she was an angry old lady, until she told me that it rang so loud in her hearing aids and that almost made me cry.
I told her that she won't hear that again, she just smiled as I silently rode away.

I'm very intrigued in this post. I'll be a 2 stroker till the day I die. Nothing can replicate the sound and feeling of a 2 stroke. Yes they are loud but they can be quieted down with very little loss to performance. I have 2 bikes 1 with a silencer and 1 without the bike without the silencer is quieter than the one with the silencer. Where you place your stinger inside the cone greatly affects sound and does nothing to performance. Enough about that tho. I've been interested in building an ebike myself so I can enjoy the great network of trails and bike paths my city has to offer. This thread has been great in learning about the differences in what's out there.

#14 Amp factory set to 12, goes up to 30 (left set at 12)
#15 BMS Battery stop loss. Good to finally know this.

Settings to try tomorrow.
14: Controller limiting setting for the amps? Was set to 12.5 from factory. Set to 14 for tomorrows ride.
15: *Had no clue what this setting was, it's set at 48 -(was set to 38 not 48)* Now set to 32.5 BMS Battery stop loss.

Hope this will help someone someday.

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP

Last edited:
Settings to try tomorrow.
14: Controller limiting setting for the amps? Was set to 12.5 from factory. Set to 14 for tomorrows ride.
15: *Had no clue what this setting was, it's set at 48 -(was set to 38 not 48)* Now set to 32.5 BMS Battery stop loss.

Hope this will help someone someday.

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP
So you can get into your controllers settings through the LCD screen with a couple of buttons at the side, and alter the values for each data point. 🤔 So point number 15 is the low voltage cutoff, and the low voltage cutoff threshold can be raised or lowered with the press of a button? 🤔😃
Your battery is 48v nominal LiFePO4 (pronounced lithium iron phosphate) in laminated polymer pouch cells like a real! LEV. ☝️😄
This chemistry has a different voltage drop rate to other cell chemistries, and so it has different high/low voltage (wise-to-stop-draining/charging-that!!) points to any other, and it makes it all the more useful that you have this ability to tweak your low (and high?) voltage cutoff settings in your controller. 💝😃

Back