New beginning

your 60v controller SHOULD be able to handle the 72v battery as long as you don't bog the motor too much.
Yeah, in the settings it says it can go up to 72v, was just thinking that perhaps it would be better for the motor
if i upgrade the controller first.

But that second battery would be nice :)

Of course i could get another stock voilamart 1500w controller and then get the battery :unsure:

Mark you just may be on to something there brother! :cool:

My Wife brought home this from her sisters house,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Instep-Tak...320997&hash=item34391c4ca1:g:iREAAOSwkHJf6g6J

Didn't have the hitch hook up thing so i made one out of a copper tube attatched to the legs on the rack.

It said not to go over 10mph, well i did and it handled well at 29mph without a load and with 25lbs. in it.

My sister-in-law had it for 5 years so it looks a bit beat up but it seems to work out well as a grocery hauler :)

Ride Safe Everyone! :cool:

HP

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
nice, and I totally missed your question my man!

those heatsinks should be fine, probably better than the stuff the stocker came with.

Yeah, in the settings it says it can go up to 72v, was just thinking that perhaps it would be better for the motor
if i upgrade the controller first.

But that second battery would be nice :)

Of course i could get another stock voilamart 1500w controller and then get the battery :unsure:

Mark you just may be on to something there brother! :cool:
That grin controller is nice but remember that it's battery and bms output that really limits you not the controller or motor, most battery packs have 50 amp bms or less unless you build it with a better bms and the grin even though highly programable still is only good for 55 amps and so if you take your 72v x 50amps = 3,600 w or 3,950 @ 55amps and its unlikely that unless stalled or loaded beyond 80% from the free spin and you persist in giving full throttle the motor will ever draw that. The average running draw for a 1500w motor is around 18 amps maybe 30-35 on take off if you gun it, you can go to the grin site and use their sorta dyno and configure just about any commonly used setup to see all these values.

So when riding and go WOT my 1500w system shows up to 18690w for a few minutes of riding.

Is that normal?

Back