New Bike Issues

Sentryy

Local time
9:53 PM
So I bought a Bicycle Motor Works Knight Rider kit fully assembled on Craigslist. First, when rolling (even engine off) it makes a loud "RRRRR" noise and it gets louder the faster I go. It's really loud and distracting. Second, the bike rides really rough and will not idle at all. It's either on or off and the engine rides really rough. Those seem to be the main issues I am having with it. I don't know what to do or how to fix or even what's wrong. Any help would be appreciated. I think the idle screw needs to be adjusted but I have no idea about the rear wheel making that god awful noise.

If it sounds like rolling over marbles and changes with the speed the wheel spins then that is most likely your bearings.

If it sounds like rolling over marbles and changes with the speed the wheel spins then that is most likely your bearings.
It's hard to explain but it sounds kind of like a electric motor (almost exact to my electric bike when the motor overheats)

if it is coaster brake bike, then you probably need to adjust bearings back there

go to sheldonbrown.com for any and all info about bicycles

Sheldon Brown is a good site ive used numerous times. Even if the information is a little dated I found out first hand.

Back