new boardtracker bike

building this particular bike along with 6 others at once for a customer, im particularly proud of this one. thought i would share

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o55/MarcOath/IMG_0669.jpg

70cc happy time, 44t rear sprocket, micargi cruiser frame, half moon handlebars sawed off to appropriate length and angled. exhuast can painted high temp black, entire engine painted high temp silver, it really looks nice, the raw metal is too blotchy, i need a nice shiny silver.

there is a metal cover over the air cleaner, i was trying to go for a old school harley look. i will soon remove this and instead angle the carb to the side and put a drum type air filter with a correctly sized chrome cover over it.

i have been testing all these bikes i am building, and i realized so much torque is lost in that restrictive muffler, i removed it and WOW, so much more power and top speed. i have racing exhuasts for go karts that also fit this engine, exhuast systems that cost 200 bucks, but when bolted to this bike, they only change the ehxuast tone, but taking out the muffler really gives the bike some power.

and i absolutely LOVE the sound!! like an old brit bike without baffles hahaha.

heres some more pics

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o55/MarcOath/IMG_0670.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o55/MarcOath/IMG_0671.jpg

got a little speedo mounted, this are cheap, but i had another that lasted so i thought why not. so far the bike has 6 miles on it and tops out at 30 with a 24:1 ratio. after break in it will be faster.

the gas tank says Avian Cycles, becuase that is my company based here in alhambra, CA. we build these bikes any way the customer wants. this bike was in an order of 6 in which the customer wanted 3 of his own design, and 3 of any designs we can come up with ourselves.

here is a picture of the other in progress bikes. ill post up more detailed pictures of each of these bikes as they are completed.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o55/MarcOath/IMG_0668.jpg

by the way guys, any of you in CA are welcome to ride by and check out our garage-shop! PM me for address and hours. we are in alhambra CA

Very nice Joseph!! I can understand why someone would want to buy six. I wonder if you could make your own muffler that would quiet things down a bit and still provide that extra power. Nice work!!

nice job man ,,, i see you are using the springer front ends tell me what you think about them ? i have been told there not made to well and hard to handle..
i need some type spring front end

That's the same fork I use- works fine. Not as good a suspension fork from a mountain bike, but if I wanted that look, I would have built one. Also, if I wanted a car-like ride...I'd drive my car. As for construction- it's good. It handles well, but I have the spring tightened down pretty far so there is good tension. Still takes the sting out.

you can usually pick up a standard cruiser spring fork for 25 bucks. they work good, the spring tension is adjustable, for the smoothest ride keep it loose, if you tighten it it becomes stiff and doesnt absorb shock anymore. or it will if you are overweight at least.

that monark fork is beautful!! I will definately be picking these up for my next few bikes!

you can usually pick up a standard cruiser spring fork for 25 bucks. they work good, the spring tension is adjustable, for the smoothest ride keep it loose, if you tighten it it becomes stiff and doesnt absorb shock anymore. or it will if you are overweight at least.

that monark fork is beautful!! I will definately be picking these up for my next few bikes!

Where do you find these $25 springers???

Where do you find these $25 springers???

there is a hole in the wall bike shop a block from me that sells all these parts extremely cheap.

its been there as long as i can remember, so i never realized that all the parts i buy cheap actually cost more everywhere else.

i can pick up nice chopper bars, custom leather seats and grips, and crazy sissy bars and other stuff for under 15 bucks for each part

If you use that springer- it works well, but put a lock washer, nut and loctite on the spring bolt...mine removed itself during a ride last week.

If you use that springer- it works well, but put a lock washer, nut and loctite on the spring bolt...mine removed itself during a ride last week.

nope, the ones I use have a set screw and it is already very tight.

i never ever had one fail in any way.

Back