New Bofeng carb

It may be overkill but I put thread locker on just about everything, working in a industrial environment for 34 years taught me to never assume things will stay tight. I spent many Saturdays tightening wires in control panels, the only vibration in the panels were from motor contactors pulling in and out. Our bike engines have probably 100 times more vibration.

It may be overkill but I put thread locker on just about everything, working in a industrial environment for 34 years taught me to never assume things will stay tight. I spent many Saturdays tightening wires in control panels, the only vibration in the panels were from motor contactors pulling in and out. Our bike engines have probably 100 times more vibration.
35 yrs Ford Rouge Dearborn Instrument repair Jnymn/Ldr. I can vouch for wires loosening up in panels. You learn trouble tracing real quick.

From what everyone has said about this carburetor I decided to give it a try, my 66cc carburetor I'm not satisfied with so it will get replaced.

I have that carb. It came with a kit. When I tried to put it on a different engine, a 1 piece cylinder/head, the clutch cable didn't agree with the fuel drain. I have to change my intake in order to use that carb on that engine. I didn't, I put the iSpeed carb back on.

I have that carb. It came with a kit. When I tried to put it on a different engine, a 1 piece cylinder/head, the clutch cable didn't agree with the fuel drain. I have to change my intake in order to use that carb on that engine. I didn't, I put the iSpeed carb back on.
I modified the clutch cable to a new location. There is a picture in this thread of the parts I made and it installed on the engine.

I didn’t have a problem with the clutch cable, the carb clears good. The bike runs good with the clip in the second notch from the top, 35 mph fairly easy. I’ll run it as is for a while and see how it does.

My $110 48cc motor kit from Monster Scooter that I got at the end of October had this carb in the kit too. Bike started right up on first kick after assembly with not adjustments... now I need to figure out what a "good running motor" sounds and acts like since I have nothing to compare it to!

Back