New build (3hp briggs/vintage mountain bike)

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
2:47 PM
Well I'm back. Recently I scored what looks to be a vintage huffy bike maybe late 70's or 80's 18 speed for free. It is teal with orange forks it might be a girl's bike but it has 26 inch wheels with 2 inch tires. Everything says Japan on it even the wheels I didn't see one notorious "MADE IN CHINA" mark. It looks to be perfect for a flathead briggs that I have. I mocked up the adjustable mounting plate and it looks like it will bolt up using the 212 bolt pattern. My old gasbike transmission (the billet one) will also fit. I will post pics soon phone is being difficult with storage. I want to make this bike kinda ratrod looking since I haven't built one like that yet. There is some rust on the frame but just surface rust. The chain popped coming home from the neighbor's.

Last edited:
A07C1E77-DA24-4475-8E66-75936801BC75.jpeg

nice! looks like a great project,
if your going briggs, id put a mikuni clone on it. (18mm should do, but check the bolt spacing. and try a 22mm if you want to have some fun :D)
as they bolt right up to them

you will need to rejet, as they are jetted REALLY rich (i put this one on my 200cc techumsh, and its smoking rich)
heres the one i bought
anyway, good luck on the build!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Doesn't look very much like any huffy I have ever seen. It's a mountain bike so can't be older then mid 80s.

wait spareparts. I didnt know u were on the east coast. Your literally really close to NJ, which is where i chill out in. Why don't us Eastern PA/NJ/NY ppl organize something...
I grew up in Camden county lol. Will would s**t himself if I showed up for the ride!

Well I need a pull cord, carburetor and need a pipe welded but Ill be sure to get the TYPE # or else they apparently can't find what I need.

The tecumseh h35 intake and carb are a direct bolt-on, and the carb has an adjustable main jet as well.

Back