New Build and hitting speedbumbs.

And sorry no pics yet... I dont have a digital camera. I may just end up getting a disposable camera from walmart and i think they can digitize them if i get the film developed ..

Remember these engines are TIGHT when new and need atleast 150miles before they reach some level of consistancy....in other words don't expect too much too soon.
I'm assuming you've o-ringed the carby?
See Dax's website for exhaust modifications....it sounds like it's too late now but atleast you'll get a better idea.
Continue your build BUT if your in any doubt ask here...better too much info than not enough.

BTW....Pics would help greatly....basic digital cameras are cheap with reasonable pic quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've come up with a name for my bike..

I call her the B**ch now ..

The dying on higher rpm problem was because the choke vibrated up while running ... fixed that problem and then she shears off the rear mount..

I've taken the engine off the bike for now until i can extract the bolt from the engine and find more threaded rod to fit..

/sigh

While she has run though it's been a blast...

You'll get it running again........persistance pays.
While your there getting that threaded rod get extra.It's cheap and always comes in handy for replacing inferior Chinese studs.Any important studs u replace Loctite them in,and NOW is a good time for stud replacement.
PERSIST. :)

BTW....i've seen that choke tip on MBc but since my kit didn't have that problem i forgot to mention it....sorry. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back