New build,no start

Eric Woolworth

Local time
4:31 AM
Ok, I'm New to motorized bikes, but not to 2 strokes, I've been trying to start this thing for 2 weeks now. i have upgraded plug wire and cap and plug, i have resoldered, mag, i tested cdi and mag according to post on this sight everything checks out. I checked to make sure it's not 180 off, I get much better spark now but still no go, I have 125 lbs compression. I ran a crankcase pressure test, and no leaks, my clutch is fully engaged, my float bowl is full and throttle slide moves freely, and it's fresh gas. So what I have is a piece of metal that has fuel, compression and spark, but no go, any ideas? I'm stumped. Thanks

Ok, I'm New to motorized bikes, but not to 2 strokes, I've been trying to start this thing for 2 weeks now. i have upgraded plug wire and cap and plug, i have resoldered, mag, i tested cdi and mag according to post on this sight everything checks out. I checked to make sure it's not 180 off, I get much better spark now but still no go, I have 125 lbs compression. I ran a crankcase pressure test, and no leaks, my clutch is fully engaged, my float bowl is full and throttle slide moves freely, and it's fresh gas. So what I have is a piece of metal that has fuel, compression and spark, but no go, any ideas? I'm stumped. Thanks
I've seen a jet that came in un-drilled, as in nothing was drilled through it was a jet with no hole. Can't think of a better way to keep a bike from running.

first, check that plug is wet or put a few drops of fuel in thru the plug hole to see if it pops

if no problem with above, then sometimes a new motor needs a bit of choke till first pop and then no choke

if still dead, be sure case isn't full of fuel and be sure clutch is tight enough to really spin the motor

Thanks for replys.Plug is wet, after each try to start (maybe 500 yards each time) no pops no smoke just a wet plug, then I check for spark again, then I switch to another NGK, then the same, then I rest. I am currently doing small engine repair for a living, Golf Carts, Lawn Equip. Motorcycles, and am not having an issue with anything other than this, I have MS so an extensive trip pedaling isn't in the cards, however I can hear the engine turning and believe I should at least get a pop. The dealer I purchased from suggests a tow start, this seems like it should be unnecessary as well as dangerous.

Spark, fuel, compression. You got it. Be sure and use choke to start. Maybe take off the air filter and try that. And, like these guys say, be sure that the clutch pads grab and the cylinder is pumping.

new motors will require just a bit more effort to start because the rings have not yet seated, but not a whole lot of extra effort - a tow start is never needed and makes me wonder about your dealer

these motors are just like all others, when assembled correctly with everything tight, they just run

throw a compression gauge on it and recheck all wires & fittings

Ok its alive, this is a new one on me, assuming the new muffler would be clear I kinda overlooked that although it would have been one of the first things I looked at on a 2 stroke with hours on it. Well I pulled the baffle and found it to be packed solid with some kind of insect nest, hopefully there wasn't a new Chinese pest released through my HT muffler, so we have a new thing to check if someone finds themselves in my situation, Muffler Bugs.

Ok its alive, this is a new one on me, assuming the new muffler would be clear I kinda overlooked that although it would have been one of the first things I looked at on a 2 stroke with hours on it. Well I pulled the baffle and found it to be packed solid with some kind of insect nest, hopefully there wasn't a new Chinese pest released through my HT muffler, so we have a new thing to check if someone finds themselves in my situation, Muffler Bugs.
Muffler bugs, just great.

found a chunk of bubble-wrap in there once - had to fish it out with a piece of coat hanger wire

did you fund it with compression test or just blowing thru it?

Back