New build. Project board track racer #2

Jayraye39

Local time
7:23 PM
Scored a free and really cool Dr Pepper beach cruiser. Frame is long and made from steel. So I Decided to do a second boardtracker build. 90% of my parts are going to be hand built just like my indian boardtracker. I will keep updating with pics on this one so yall can see whats happening. What ive dome so far: remove and cut seat post, modified the springer seat bracket so the seat can be fastened to the frame and farther back. Took seat apart and shaved the foam for a curved style seat. Rewrapped the seat in its original leather and mounted it to the new seat bracket. Then I Cut, reversed, and flipped the handle bars. Chopped the goose neck and found it was aluminum. So i made my own clamp style goose neck out of steel parts from the seat hardware, took off the fenders and swaped the factory rims with my old set from my first build. 36t sprocket and disc rotors already fastened. Lastly I Installed a led headlight i had laying around. Here is what it looks like thus far
ccdb32f2e2994fd0828a02330c28f50c.jpg
20230203_021718.jpg
16754139804201337342893439804553.jpg

It's going to be really nice! Hopefully you can do something unobtrusive for the gas tank.
Tell ya the truth i was debating wheather or not to just plug the wheep holes in the top bar and using it as a gas tank like the felt faker frames but i really do like the peanut style
29ca6ed9340f1e3aeb0b23b92dc8af45.jpg
Screenshot_20230203-154602_Chrome.jpg
gas tanks on this frame. Not sure yet

Question Jayrae, Your builds are fantastic. Very impressed especially your fabrication and not just using off the shelf stuff. But these "board track" style bikes look terribly uncomfortable to ride. Are they? I know for me with my physical limitations it would be, but how about for the "average joe"?

Tell ya the truth i was debating wheather or not to just plug the wheep holes in the top bar and using it as a gas tank like the felt faker frames but i really do like the peanut styleView attachment 186432View attachment 186433 gas tanks on this frame. Not sure yet
The Peanut is nice, and of course everyone has their own taste, but man, that thing would look sleek with the "Felt" type tank.

Question Jayrae, Your builds are fantastic. Very impressed especially your fabrication and not just using off the shelf stuff. But these "board track" style bikes look terribly uncomfortable to ride. Are they? I know for me with my physical limitations it would be, but how about for the "average joe"?
My first boardtracker is a little unformfortable because of the handle bars. Wanted to keep the original race look. So i sacrificed comfort. the grip of hands are up and down and down instead of a comfortable side to side. Instead of using shoulder muscles it uses lower back and traps. So to combat this i add pegs on the back end of the bike so i can lean into the bike and not ride on top. Basically feels like a crotch rocket. Overall i can tolerate about 30min of riding. Not to bad

My first boardtracker is a little unformfortable because of the handle bars. Wanted to keep the original race look. So i sacrificed comfort. the grip of hands are up and down and down instead of a comfortable side to side. Instead of using shoulder muscles it uses lower back and traps. So to combat this i add pegs on the back end of the bike so i can lean into the bike and not ride on top. Basically feels like a crotch rocket. Overall i can tolerate about 30min of riding. Not to bad
This 2nd boardtracker is already way more comfortable since you sit low in the bike. Prob gonna make this one fast aswell seeing i will be able to ride longer prob do a minirelli. Though about a phantom but the cylinder is so small that it looks really dumb on a big frame bike.

All's ya really gotta do to a board tracker is change the handelbars to turn it instantly into cruiser

Back