New build. Project board track racer #2

Ever since you started building it, it looks like something is a little off. It must be the jack stands.
I cant help but think about it and I have been feeling the same way. So I stared at it for a long time and you know what. Its not the tank. During my brain storming i looked at some pics of a 1920 indian daytona. Both my bike and the daytona have a similar curved frame. After looking at the daytona i figuered out that my frame has to much drop from middle of the bike on back. Its like the rear tire is up way to high. Makes the stance look off. However, to fix it theirs alot of s**t I have to cut, and repaint. Not to mention re aligning the entire drive wheel, chain, and brake. So what i am going to do is keep everything intact on the rear forks. Then cut the two top support bars right where they meet the main spine tube. Then cut the two bottom bars right where they meet the peddal cup. That will seperate the entire back section off the bike. When thats complete i will raise the frame higher almost like folding the wheel under the bike. Then i will reweld the 4 tubes.. notice on the daytona pic. Under the seat where the frame and rear forks meet their is a break in the angle. The rear forks after the seat drop in angle. On my bike the angle stays the same all the way through. Gonna have to play with it a bit once i cut the rear off my bike. To me it looks like a good 3in or so. You have no idea how hard it was to find what was off on this bike. My fuggin brain hurts man. Step one complete
20230227_123131.jpg
2-1532523821044.jpg

Glad I raked the front heavily cause after droping the butt on this girl she is gonna look normal

Input please. Buying a tank for these bikes is effin retarded. Ive spent $300 on 3 tanks and they are all to damn big. Im beyone irritated. What do yall think about this Tank? Yes or no. I like it but obviously i had to cut it into 2 pieces. Now im thinking its to tall and should shave the bottom an inch or two. Not gonna be the color just wanted it to stand out for yall to see.
20230323_000848.jpg
20230323_000743.jpg
20230322_235655.jpg
20230322_234443.jpg

Input please. Buying a tank for these bikes is effin retarded. Ive spent $300 on 3 tanks and they are all to damn big. Im beyone irritated. What do yall think about this Tank? Yes or no. I like it but obviously i had to cut it into 2 pieces. Now im thinking its to tall and should shave the bottom an inch or two. Not gonna be the color just wanted it to stand out for yall to see.View attachment 189634View attachment 189635View attachment 189636View attachment 189637
I dig it. It looks like an early 30s race bike.

Input please. Buying a tank for these bikes is effin retarded. Ive spent $300 on 3 tanks and they are all to damn big. Im beyone irritated. What do yall think about this Tank? Yes or no. I like it but obviously i had to cut it into 2 pieces. Now im thinking its to tall and should shave the bottom an inch or two. Not gonna be the color just wanted it to stand out for yall to see.View attachment 189634View attachment 189635View attachment 189636View attachment 189637
Needs a 1/2moon sliver cut out of the bottom of the tank. So it matches the contour of your main top tube.

Thats the look im trying to hit. Well 1920's but yeah this tank seemed like my best bet. Gonna join the 2 halfs with a strip down the middle then grind it all flush. But it wont be functional. Have to hit a smaller fuel cell inside
Just weld flat plate steel on each side of the tank where you cut it down the center. Then weld a fill bung in top of each tank. Then run a crossover tube between the 2 tanks for your fuel line. Then weld tank brackets on the inside of your flat plate to mount the tanks. Basically it would be 2 separate tanks. Plus it would give it that 1920's board track tank look.

Back