Engine Trouble new build would like some help! no power then high revs at idle

wan37

Local time
11:31 PM
I have a new Z80BK bgf.I can get it running with the kill switch not connected.I'm running 16 t0 1 oil.New spark plug ngk b6hs and wire.Well here is the problem running bad no power and revs really high when trying to stop with clutch lever in.I checked float it's at 21mm and have a o ring in the carb which is a nt carb.The throttle needle is moving freely and in right, Idle screw is not screwed in very far.It revs to high to try to find a air leak.The throttle cable is not adjusted to tight either.The jets are in tight too,and clean.Any other ideas please tell me.Thanks

This may be out there but is your float needle in place and the seat ok? If youve checked everything else all I can come up with is the bowl is overflowing and pushing fuel past the needle and up to the intake. Its a longshot but who knows.

First of all do away with the 16:1 and go with 20:1 to start and after break in up to at least 32:1.
Where did you hear about 21mm on the float? I never have.
What position is the "C" clip on the needle?
Umm no power, check the compression.
You sure the carburetor slide is installed correctly?
Don't overlook that you might have a vacuum leak.
Remove air cleaner back out the idle screw, and look into the carburetor, and see if you can see the bevel in the slide. Making sure the slide is closing.

Al I read that on one of the forums about nt float at 21mm it said level with the jet.Thanks
I look in the carb when I put the carb slide in it was in right but it would rest on the idle screw with bevel.So I took the idle screw out just to see if it would close all the way and it would not just a little very little gap from closing didn't think that would make it idle that much.

Al I read that on one of the forums about nt float at 21mm it said level with the jet.Thanks
I look in the carb when I put the carb slide in it was in right but it would rest on the idle screw with bevel.So I took the idle screw out just to see if it would close all the way and it would not just a little very little gap from closing didn't think that would make it idle that much.

As these engines don't always sit level, so goes the carburetor, you can't just go with the 21mm measurement as a standard. ??? maybe so is the carburetor sits level. Still check out the woodruff key.

I had a problem with fast idle, turned out to be the slotted washer on top of the throttle needle was slightly bent which held the needle off bottom. Also found that the needle itself was slightly bent with a tiny kink toward the middle of the length.

Thanks guys going to check carb slide needle again and I'll check the timing key way like Al said.

Okay what it does at this moment I turn fuel on and choke on or off doesn't matter.Start pedaling release the clutch motor turn over and it seem to be firing trying to start but as soon as you squeeze the clutch lever back for it to idle it dies so I have to keep pedaling with clutch lever out and keep pedaling and throttle all the way on.Then after a while it gets better running but it starts to rev very high to adjusted any thing. Any idea's please help.

Back