New Build

T

Torques

Around last April, prior to hiring an attorney my trial and before the beginning of my financial problems, I had a customer pull out of a bike deal. He wanted a Kustom Kruiser Roadster like my prototype. I got a killer deal at the time and I bought it before my customer paid me. My customer changed his mind and we picked up a different bike for him. Anyway, I had the bike in my garage all this time and a motor minus the drive parts (Golden Eagle). I had a 21 speed for sale for months this fall and no one was interested, so I salvaged (cannibalized?) the parts off that bike (drilled the gear ring to fit the Kustom Kruiser Roadster's 10 gauge stock spokes). I have been pretty depressed the last four months and not functioning too well. I finally made myself start this project February 19 and finished it last Friday February 29th. It is for sale on Craigslist. I drove it last Saturday for the first time to the car show here. All I can say is there's a world of difference between 1.2 continuous horsepower at the shaft and 4+ horsepower at the shaft. It seems like building this bike energized me up for a week and a half. I wish I could do this full time. I believe it would help me mentally but people here are mostly talk and interested but not ready to purchase. I had to do lots of different, new things. This build was different than the first one. I had to fabricate an carb intake (elbow) to avoid hitting the GEBE mount. I also set up a new chain tensioner to keep the chain off of the motor. I had to cut a section out of the top of the engine cover (like the first bike), but also had to cut back a couple of the cooling fins just a little for chain clearance. I took the unused rear hub completely apart, cleaned off the stock grease and packed with Mobile 1 synthetic. I did the same to the front hub. I replaced the stock intertubes with thornproof ones and Slimed both of them. It seems to be running nice although I have only rode it two times. Tomorrow I will fix a spare, separate gas tank for backup to the main tank. I will finish off the remaining gas in the tank to verify gas mileage (just curious). It won't be like the four-stroke motor on my other one (212-238 mpg) but I believe it should be well over 100 mpg.

Attachments

• Picture012.jpg
    Picture012.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 332
  • Picture013.jpg
    Picture013.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 289
  • Picture014.jpg
    Picture014.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 294
  • Picture015.jpg
    Picture015.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Picture016.jpg
    Picture016.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 311
Last edited by a moderator:
Kruiser

Is one comfy looking ride.

Great place for engine. Out of way and low, away from ears.

Looks easy to make rear tire change as well.

Will it contact road surface?

Would love to see brackets holding it to bike.

Very interesting, indeed.

Ride with pride...

Is one comfy looking ride.

Great place for engine. Out of way and low, away from ears.

Looks easy to make rear tire change as well.

Will it contact road surface?

Would love to see brackets holding it to bike.

Very interesting, indeed.

Ride with pride...

Not sure what you mean "brackets holding it to bike". It has a torque strap of my own fabrication that connects it to the center of the frame. The mounting bracket is there too. The stock torque strap is too thin. I know because I broke one on my first bike and the motor moved to the ground, just barely, and almost scrapped. This torque strap is twice as thick.

Engine Strap

That is what I meant I guess and what pic shows.

Brain was clutched...

A CF (crank forward) bike as well.

Fun free pedaling?

Thanks.

Can't see the pics from work, Torques. ("Forbidden by ratings check")

any chance of you posting the pictures, using the "manage attachments" button ?

(You could ref either the source pics on your hard drive, or the links at photobucket)

Can't see the pics from work, Torques. ("Forbidden by ratings check")

any chance of you posting the pictures, using the "manage attachments" button ?

(You could ref either the source pics on your hard drive, or the links at photobucket)

Ok, I've never done this before, let's see if it works.

Attachments

• Picture016.jpg
    Picture016.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 274
  • Picture015.jpg
    Picture015.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 254
  • Picture014.jpg
    Picture014.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 289
  • Picture013.jpg
    Picture013.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Picture012.jpg
    Picture012.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 243
That bike looks NICE Torques. Thanks for reposting the pics.

You know, with it stretched like that, you could probably move the motor up so that it rides 'inside' the chain... just add an upper 'tensioner' to raise the upper chain. Of course, the chain guard would also need to be worked on too, and that would be a shame.

Another sweet lookin ride Torques. Mounting the engine like you do totally changes/eliminates the hohum rack mount look.

Back