New Bumble Bee Bolt-On

proline20

Local time
11:18 PM
Hi folks,
I'm 2 weeks new at riding a motorized bike. What a blast!!! I installed my 1998 Homelite 25cc weed trimmer with a bumble bee bolt-on bracket (friction drive). Well, the compression was low and it lost too much speed uphill for me...Soooooooo we changed the cyllinder head/piston/ring/ to a 30cc.
25mph on flat, 20 uphill, 33 downhill and 150 mpg.
Charlie

hey proline20, welcome aboard
there is a decent sized DIY crowd round here
I know that they, and myself would like to see some pics of your work if ya got em
good luck and happy motoring

pics posted in picture gallery.
I can't believe how many people stop me and ask what the heck. Very cool transpo. I'm lucky to have a friend that owns the bumble bee bolt-on patent. He sold 600+ kits in the '90's with US Engines. Now he just makes for fun, my bracket was laying around his garage and I had the weedwhacker...

BumbleBee's were pretty good. Hook him up here on the forum, I bet there's enough interest to maybe see him back in business.

The bumble bee guy is computer challenged. I can help out if I can. US Engine is long gone and new drawings are on the table and with investors.
I still can't believe the fun with this MB thing! No wonder <16 is not allowed in Florida. It amazes me everytime I ride how much the tiny engine puts out.

Back