New, but feeling old

a-dam

Local time
4:03 PM
Whew!
Got through the registration/joining process and now I'm kinda tired. I read the rules, the Admin's PM, the Intro forum stickies... good to be in the door.

Lots of good stuff here, from what I've read so far. Learned about this place from a post reply on schwinnbike.com. Also belong to a few other VBulletin forums - it's nice using a familiar setup.

I'm in the process of building my first motorized bicycle. I've never ridden one before either, but have put in many thousands of miles with pedal-power. All work on my bikes and cars is done myself, and I'm willing to try to fabricate just about anything. Just wish I had more tools! (Anybody got a metal lathe they don't want?)

I have questions/comments to post, but I'll do some more searching first... and try to put them in the right forum. My posts can be a bit long-winded sometimes, but usually stay on topic.

Thanks for having me. See ya around soon.
Adam

... good to be in the door.
yeah, it's a little more than i bet you're used to, but once you're in, you're in...we don't mean to offend the forum-experienced, but we try our best to get new folks into the right groove. as someone who knows forums i hope you'll come to appreciate the glaring lack of bool-carp on ours :)

i was gonna ask some questions about what you have and how far along the build is, but i guess we'll find that out as you pop up on the board somewhere...anyway...

welcome to the MBc :cool:

Thanks, everyone.

I just started a thread with (maybe too many) details about my current project. Feel free to kindly let me know if my posts are in the correct forums. I'll figure it out with a little help.

Welcome, Adam.

Given your name and handle... you'll appreciate the attached gif (be sure to view it with the browser...)

Attachments

• GiveADamn.gif
    GiveADamn.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 209
Back