New buyer new to motorized bikes. Which engine kit to buy.

I'm about to pull the trigger on another kit, I plan on ordering from BMW, am undecided on the Zeda triple 40, or the PK80
Opinions?

I had the same dilemma :confused: I chose the Zeda because it's triple 40. Also, it looks well built and many folks are using them. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

I'm in the same situation as you. Ended up with buying from BMW a Zeda kit. It's a triple 40 engine. Bike came from Walmart, Hyper cruiser for $118 steel frame.
Engine will arrive on Tuesday. I'll start the assembly mid July. Also purchased a rear sprocket adapter from Ebay, it matches up to the stock 44 tooth sprocket.

Paul.

A sprocket adapter is a good investment and will save you many headaches. Which one fits the stock 44 tooth sprocket? Got a link to that?

I would get a one piece cylinder CG kit, there made by flying horse, there a bit tricky to find but well worth it if you can, there great CG engines, very little vibration (unlike my buddys 2 piece head, that thing feels like a impact wrench)
Only problem ive been fighting recently is the magneto and cdi box, but other than that, its been problem free!
4 stroke kits are also great as a first, just measure the frame as you need a larger frame to fit one, heard they are very reliable, but ive beaten my CG up daily for about a year now (ive even ridden it in snow! Started right up in below 0!)

Good luck! Hope it works out for you!
(Also, below is picture of the one piece head engine, try to look for those in ebay pictures)
EDIT: i saw you went with the pk80, hope that works out for you! If you need help people here are very friendly!

Attachments

• 20190612_130007.jpg
    20190612_130007.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 20190612_160637.jpg
    20190612_160637.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
A sprocket adapter is a good investment and will save you many headaches. Which one fits the stock 44 tooth sprocket? Got a link to that?

Here it is

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back