New buyer new to motorized bikes. Which engine kit to buy.

What do y'all think of this kit? https://bicyclemotorworks.com/product/pk80-by-runwell-kit-with-upgrades/?attribute_pa_color=black
And does anyone know if they do two day shipping or anything?
It's definitely a better choice than the other one. It's cool that it comes with the spring loaded chain tensioner as well as a stock one, the NT speed carb, and also a 44 and a 36 tooth rear sprocket so you can gear it for more top end if you want. Also, I noticed it has a nice clutch lever that is much better than the stock ones. Also, a universal motor mount for bikes with fat tubes is a nice thing to have if you need it.

Look I realize you need it fast. Yes that is a good kit and they are pretty fast. 2 days maybe not but it's worth waiting for. Your gonna have this thing for a long time. Don't buy a crap kit to save a day or 2.
HURRY=HURT=HELLNO you didn't...……(take your time!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't ever listen to Will.
none they all junk just get a moped with a title. 3,000 miles if your lucky and you have to rebuild. Just not worth the aggrevation. Between running issues and cheese metal you'll have a fun time queue: pissed off SpareParts. ;) My neighbor's output sprocket was extremely thin after only 1,300 miles. Like I said cheese metal they actually call it "iron" in the ebay descriptions. Tomos, puch you name it they already have a vin and everything ready to go. People give an arm and a leg to try to make a bicycle legal and then it doesn't work out. I spent over $600 on a bike and I'm trying to get $250 for it now and people keep low balling me. There's a time you have to move on between breaking parts and money you will soon realize it isn't worth it and an older motorcycle is a better choice for the money. Atleast those were still made in Japan. You can actually have a tomos shipped to your door for about $1,700 from a shop in new york. Queue: the other pissed off people. :)
I'm not pissed off, my bike is f***ing awesome! You are just a bitter little b**ch that has no mechanical skill. Get back in you mom's basement where you belong you little troll.

With a $160 budget, I’d get a PK80.

I’d definitely recommend you tossing the rag joint & getting a sprocket adapter. I’d also recommend an aftermarket throttle assembly.

How about a used cruiser bike from the 70s off craigslist?

With a $160 budget, I’d get a PK80.

I’d definitely recommend you tossing the rag joint & getting a sprocket adapter. I’d also recommend an aftermarket throttle assembly.

How about a used cruiser bike from the 70s off craigslist?

I went with the runwell PK80 kit from BMW an I'll probably get a cruiser bike from Walmart they have a nice one for 118 bucks.

Hello and welcome! I have pk80s but I didn't get Seeutek. You can get cheap kits on ebay for $100. All these little engines are made in China so quality and consistency will suck but the engines themselves are not all the same. Do you have a Dremel tool? I recommend at least porting the intake and exhaust ports no matter which engine you get. If you want to learn more about the differences in China girl engines I recommend that you watch these videos.

The bad quality your talking all depends on the seller. I bought a engine last week that came with all allen-head bolts (instead of the screws that strip out), and it came cleaned of almost all its cast marks. I wont advertise but let me know if you want to know the seller.

I went with the runwell PK80 kit from BMW an I'll probably get a cruiser bike from Walmart they have a nice one for 118 bucks.

Walmart has the ever popular huffy cranbrook for 88 bucks right now I just built a bike for a customer using this frame.

The bad quality your talking all depends on the seller. I bought a engine last week that came with all allen-head bolts (instead of the screws that strip out), and it came cleaned of almost all its cast marks. I wont advertise but let me know if you want to know the seller.
Thanks, but I got 2 bikes with good engines, both have allen-head bolts and both are running awesome! One has over 3000 miles on it, the other about 500.

I'm in the same situation as you. Ended up with buying from BMW a Zeda kit. It's a triple 40 engine. Bike came from Walmart, Hyper cruiser for $118 steel frame.
Engine will arrive on Tuesday. I'll start the assembly mid July. Also purchased a rear sprocket adapter from Ebay, it matches up to the stock 44 tooth sprocket.

Paul.

Back