New carb and new engine and bike will bog out

Sasha1234

Local time
9:41 AM
I have this new motor kit and I ended up having to purchase a new throttle cable because it broke. So, I took the carb off. Bought a new NT carb. Haven't ridden the bike for four days because was waiting for the cables. I put on the carb, start the engine, had the e clip on the second notch going up the needle. I let it warm up for 10 minutes. Start the bike, I slowly putt on the throttle and it dies out. Also, the engine is overheating when it didn't before. Any suggestions?

it never hurts to try a different needle position and if it doesn't help, move it back

how do you know it is overheating?

where did the broken end of the cable go?

Hmm. But it was running perfectly fine with where the needle was before getting a new carb. And it broke right in the front.

chinese manufacturing rarely produces two parts exactly the same

Did you check that all head bolts are tight! And all gaskets are sealed with no air leaks? Is the new carb sealed and is there an o ring in there to help it seal? take the old carb and put the new cable on it to see if it runs properly again and if so look at what is different between the two!

Wait, s**t I remember that it was cold out and I by accidentally snapped one of the bolts on the head, but it ran fine even before the throttle cable snapped. It's holding the the thing down, the engine isn't sputtering or anything.

Back