Carby New carb, bike will NOT start

so i switched the vacuum lines to fit what they were int hat video that was posted. However, im looking down the hole for the slide, and i dont see the small bump thats supposed to keep the slide in the correct position

When the slide is placed into the cylinder, there is channel in it, then there is a bump on the side of the cylinder to keep the slide from turning in circles. My other carb has it, the cns does not

When the slide is placed into the cylinder, there is channel in it, then there is a bump on the side of the cylinder to keep the slide from turning in circles. My other carb has it, the cns does not

It should, if your talking about the little brass nubin.

Try this (very small turns)
Take all the hoses of the silly thing (except fuel of course.) Plug the hole on the back of the air intake filter(keep dirt and **** out)

Tighten the air/fuel screw and loosen the idle screw (start here, reset the carb)

IF it wont start give the air/fuel a little turn (1/8 turn increments), do this till it starts

After it's Kinda running (have to pump the throttle to keep it running) - slowly close the idle screw till it idles and sounds good.

Run around a few minutes and check the plug color and adjust air/fuel as needed. Only use the idle adjust to keep it running smooth.

The new CNS is very badly tuned from the factory(not even close) Basically reset the carb and start over.

Mine runs great, better then anything else I run across NT, Speed, dellorto, I just finished reverting to all the STOCK parts tonight to make a video this weekend.

Last edited:
Well it leaked gas all over the garage floor last night >.< im not sure if the bowl was even full, when i tipped it over after i took it off, not a whole lot of gas leaked out. if the bike wouldnt start while this carb was on, and it leaked... could those 2 things be related? and what might be causing this? i replaced all the screws and the jet and gaskets and float with the kit from Gasbikes, so everything is new!

if it leaked gas all over then the float may be stuck or way out of adjustment. This woudl cause the needle & seat to stay open too long and overflow the bowl. Gas will leak out of the overflow tube and on to the floor.
In your pics i think you have the overflow tube hooked into the vaccuum port.
the overflow tube should just hang down under the carb and not be connected to anything (other than the overflow pipe on the carb).

Back