Carby New carb, idle issues?

C

Chopper

As part of the lot when I picked up the new motoredbike the other day came one of those Dellorto copies :D Just fitted it to the chopper, and it doesn't want to idle.

Has anyone any experience with these? The choke has only two settings, closed and open. I haven't been able ro get it out on the street yet to get it full warmed up, but with the choke closed it seems to run ok(yet, no idle) but once the choke's fully opened, it won't idle either and tends to bog down, (probably too much fuel being dumped in I'd say)

I'm just throwing this out there to see what comes back

New carb

Hi the new carb has adjustable needle, and an idle adjust (mixture) screw in addition to the Idle adhjus(speed, rpm) screw. All must be correct for the thing to run.
The brass screw closest to the air cleaner is mixture, the one directly inline with the side of the slide is rpm, needle is what it is as always, hope this helps, Mike

hey Mike, are we talking about the same carb?
1197_wccarbset_1.jpg

This is the one I have and all I can see is a screw for the idle. :???:

New Carb

Hi, no what is that thing? Check for something tho, and that is Mikuni, for instance has idle mixture UNDER The air horn front of float bowl, bit tricky but there she is. The other thing I see at first is only an idle speed screw. I dunno what to think of that lil carb. A lot of plastic, tiny body, and if it does not have a mixture screw, why would it be much better than the lil carb from the kit?

Mike

Re: New Carb

MotorbikeMike said:
why would it be much better than the lil carb from the kit?

Mike

My thoughts exactly, but I have seen this advertised as a Dellorto 14/14 replica?

I rode to work this morning with this carb fitted, and it ran terrible :censored: I may well refit the carb that came with the kit, at least the thing ran when it was fitted!

Carb Blues

Hi well it just might be a dellorto copy. That would seem cool, but, if it is not set for the same flow and volume we use, it just might be useless? I have a hard time figuring out what the advantage would be if that lil carb does not include mixture, as that is the most obvious improvement over what is in the kit.

Mike

Chopper said:
hey Mike, are we talking about the same carb?
1197_wccarbset_1.jpg

This is the one I have and all I can see is a screw for the idle. :???:

hey, can you send me a direct link to the site where you got that picture, id love to buy one of those, thanks...or just p.m. me

jon

Back