Chain Tensioner new chain tensioner, & reliable

L

likemyspoiler

On two of my bikes, one 2 stroke & 1 four stroke I switched my chain tensioner pulley to chain idler from tandem bike. I got them from vintage bikes.(very easy to get & inexpensive) Its a steel small sprocket with stud that fits in existing tensioner bracket with no mods. On my 2 stroke I switched drive chain to bmx bicycle chain due to clearance issues & I like it much better. BMX chain is much smoother, quiter, less vibration, does not stretch & fits all sprockets great! No mods needed to change to BMX chain. I plan to switch other chain driven bikes that I have to bmx chains. However I have been using tandem bike chain idler for drive chain idler for over 100 miles & is working perfectly. It looks like it is going to be very dependable. I used to carry spare idler in my tool kit & now there is no need. Whatever chain you choose to run you can switch to tandem bike chain sprocket idler with no mods. Can also switch chains to bmx chain with no mods. Any questions please ask. :)

I need to make correction, I got the tandem bike idler sprockets at memory lane classics. check them out.

Thanks for the tip! although distance between pins should be compared, for lack of a better way of putting it. Would that be called "pitch" or something?

I take it that BMX chain is a bit more stout than standard-grade bicycle chain?

Anything to lighten the rotating mass of what one must pedal around with the clutch in will help.

:)~

Back