Clutch New clutch pads from BGF

fritznbud

Local time
12:38 AM
Today i recieved a set of round pads, or pucks, from good 'ol Boygofast and am quite impressed. I'd a posted on the vendor thread but i dont have enough threads yet. A phone call from Rick to take my visa info because i do not and never will play the paypal. Quick ship and all for a $10!! The pads need to be sanded to fit and a dremel tool is a time saver. BGF is the one and only vendor that sell the round pads. They are 1/4" thick when new so if your pads are worn down 1/16" or more, you have no clutch no mo'.:cry:

Be careful with the Dremel rout, or any power sanding device.
Nobody knows just exactly what the friction pads are made out of and they very easily could contain some asbestos. I do not recommend breathing the dust in any way, shape, or form.

I trimmed my pads with a box knife.

For sure, there was alot of black powder when i was done, and i did it in my living room. A less messy job if you do it by hand, but i gotta say, i wrapped the entire exhaust of my 73' shrimp trawler with pure asbestos back in the day and i used to be able to taste the odor from breathing so much of it. These pads are very hard and it would be tough to get a smooth and round finish by hand cutting them.

Back