new Dax Titan 4-stroke

How soon till I get mine? I think I to want a frame mount. It just looks so cool!

I already sent you an email. I hope I am on your waiting list to test. I got the perfect bike lined up to go fast. 29" red-line mono-cog just itching for a quick 4 stroke.

Thanks Duane, love you constant innovation and great products and service. I have been nothing but impressed with you with all our business dealings. Just to refresh your memory I am the guy who won that 21" diamond back last Christmas, right before you got snowed in for two months. Ended up with the wrong bike but a friend and favorite merchant instead. Thanks again and let me know how much to pay you for my in frame Titan.

The In Frames

The in frames are in design stage only. The Rear mount has turned out to be better than anyone ever expected and is a total success as you can see and will be in production and for sale around thanks giving. As for the in Frame version, do not hold your breath, being that it is not developed yet. So.. Expect the Rear mount to be the setup to have for some time. I can tell you, it is awesome. It has advantages over the In Frame. The Rear mount more quite, it can be mounted on bike with rear suspension, there is no tank or engine in the valence . Those are some big advantages. The Frame mount has its advantages too. Mainly the center of gravity. Frame mount is the best for CG. It also frees up the rear for a rack mount to carry things. So.. Each has its pros and cons. I can tell you this. I am having the most fun ever with this rear mount. Since the engine is mounted dead center over the rear tire, the balance is great , and the engine sounds and runs so smooth... It is a great set up for sure. No disappointments for sure. You will love this Rear Carrier setup !!! Enjoy the ride..

More pics soon.

I hope to have updated video and more pictures soon. Hang in there MAB'S lovers ."motor assisted Bicycles" =MAB

All this looks and sounds very impressive....can u please post some still pics?
I'm particularly keen on the fact that a high percentage of the components are made in the US....that means quality SHOULD be up to spec.Not like our Chinese counterparts(built down to a price,not up to a standard)
I would prefer a frame mount engine but like thatsdax said "Each has its pros and cons"....anyway from what i understand a frame mount is on the way but first things first.
Hope this new carrier engine can support lights as i ride at all hours.
Thanks thatsdax for the info and innovation.

More Innovation !!!!

I also forgot to mention an additional Innovation about this carrier that other carriers do not have. Only those of us that have Engine Carriers realize and have experienced this ...And..That is.. Rear tire change. Since other carriers mount to the rear axle, this requires a solid axle and makes tire changing difficult and no fun at all . You see ? When you remove the rear tire, the weight of engine and carrier no longer has support. It just.... Hangs there? This is not good at all. Fighting with the engine and carrier to fix a flat when taking off and putting back on and re-calibrating is just the pits. It is bad enough in the shop, even worse in the field. With the New Titan 50XC patented carrier, this problem has been eliminated . Since the engine and Carrier is not fixed to the Axle, you no longer have this problem and tire changing is a breeze. Fixing a flat in the field is no longer a big deal . Calibration stays put. Another Innovation from Howell Labs.. Enjoy the ride......

Yes.. It does..

It looks a lot like the Wisconsin Robin too. and a few others.. They are all very similar to each other in appearance . The main differences are bore, stroke, crank, intake and exhaust bore and timing. When finished, these are 48.8cc. Physically they all look similar to each other. But do not be fooled.. They are all very different. Even materials are different. Cylinders can be steel, or steel lined or Flame sprayed. Many differences.. Enjoy the ride...

If you do the math.. You get..

Your Honda is 49.4 cc. This Engine 48.8. This is important because where I am, to be legal, you need to be less than 49cc. But.. At any rate. Your engine may look like this engine... But.. They are not the same for sure. .. Enjoy the ride...

It looks a lot like the Wisconsin Robin too. and a few others.. They are all very similar to each other in appearance . The main differences are bore, stroke, crank, intake and exhaust bore and timing. When finished, these are 48.8cc. Physically they all look similar to each other. But do not be fooled.. They are all very different. Even materials are different. Cylinders can be steel, or steel lined or Flame sprayed. Many differences.. Enjoy the ride...

SO what kind of cylinder does this motor have?

Any time frame on getting the first 10-20 rack mounts available for testing?

I really want a frame mount but also have a need for a rack mount on a project I have going. I would love to try it out.

Thanks

By Dec 15th

I am hoping to have them available by Dec 15th approximately.. Hang in there. It will be worth the wait.. I guarantee it !!! Thanks.. and.. Enjoy the ride...

Back