new Dax Titan 4-stroke

sounds like a great engine, but prefere the frame mount better., reason being the only thing the rear mount is good for is crusing, for example if i want to go to the store for a gallom of milk, or go to work with a lunch box where would i put it???, Nowhere. except under my shirt lol. Frame mount, and a rear rack if you want to go to the store with a small shopping list. Rear mount if you just want to cruizzzze. Or maybe a rear mount and an extenderd rack if you have the time and fabrication skills, which would look silly.

Frame mount is what I want. But like the song says..."You don't always get what you want; you get what you need.."
But since my need also is a frame mounted engine.... I will wait....or is it posible to get the engine only, so I do my own frame mounting?

Frame mount is what I want. But like the song says..."You don't always get what you want; you get what you need.."
But since my need also is a frame mounted engine.... I will wait....or is it posible to get the engine only, so I do my own frame mounting?

Good question.

... There is no other Engine Carrier like this one. This Engine carrier puts carb to the front and Exhaust to the rear. This is a superior set up for sure. Allows you to keep your right hand on throttle while pulling with your left. This is the ideal set up. Drive is chain and mounts using standard rear sprockets same as for the 2 strokes since the drive is on the left side. Carrier mounts in such a way that the bike can have solid or quick release axle for the rear. ...
I have no objection to a rack mount. I'm looking for something to replace my GEBE that can handle steeper grades. (a mile or more at 15 - 20%). Reading between the lines, it seems the drive chain for the new Titan is mounted to the rear spokes same as the happy times frame mount with the 9 hole sprocket. If so this is a dissappointment. I'd like to see a freewheel in the system, so one can pedal without engine drag when desired, or coast down big hills unencumbered.

My ultimate wish is for multispeed gearing. Dax, since you are based in Colorado, you can understand the need for this. I'm in CA, but my daughter lives near Durango, CO, and I've climbed a few mountains in that area. Currently multispeed gearing = NuVinci hub. I know of know other alternative, and NuVinci doesn't work with left side drive. Anything on the horizon in this regard to multispeed?

Dax told me that one could mount the titan to a Nuvinci on the right hand side if you don't mind a being a little off balance. Cheaper then the other NuVinci kits I have seen since there is no gear box. I am not sure I like the idea of being that far off balance tho. Kinda kills one of the main advantages of the titan, imo. :shrug:

I too am ..

I too am in Colorado. I am around 9000 feet. My Titan with the 36T Climbs all the hills and up the Canyon great!! The Way this Titan and Engine carrier is designed is to provide smooth, quite, efficient power at an affordable price. This engine and Auto clutch is super light weight. The Beauty of the Drive sprocket being on the left is not only cost, but allows the owner to retain current wheel configuration. Also.. Using the Left side sprocket allows owners to change gearing to suit needs . There is a huge array of sprockets being offered. A lot of owners will already have various sprockets to suit their needs. This is a simple and very low maintenance approach. We are using the KISS principle. Also.. When you lower throttle, the auto clutch will disengage allowing you to free wheel and coast down any hill independent of the engine with only minor parasitic losses. When you consider what you are getting for your hard earned dollar.. You too will see.. There is no comparison .. You can use the Engine and Auto clutch to Drive the Statan Hub Transmission, but you will have to offset the motor to do so. I have done this using a similar drive on the right side for Changing gears and such. Doing this upsets the balance. But. You can get used to it I guess. At any rate. After extensive testing, this is the best set up by far !! And..What is even better is.. It is totally affordable. Wait till you see the pricing. It will blow you away.. No kidding.. Hang in there.. Pricing will be posted soon... Once you ride this setup, you will love it !!! It is so simple, it is a thing of beauty... Enjoy the ride....

Hey Dax can we get an overall dimension of your titan unit and drive gear location in inches from the back and bottom of the engine?

Can the drive accept a chain from the back like when used in the frame mount configuration?

The fuel tank appears to be on the engine. Can a frame mounted tank be used?

What is the capacity of the engine mounted tank? Is there a significant size reduction with the fuel tank removed?

Can the tank be removed?

Kep1a

Ok.. I have 4 more Titans

Ok.. I just got 4 more Titans with Integral Clutch and PTO. Now I can begin to take one apart and verify what the factory has been telling me VS what is really going on. Not that I do not believe them. Since the Engine is Asian, there are communication errors made at times. Such as.. They call the Valve cover Gasket the Head Gasket. so.. I will verify what I can for everyone and post what I find. I have been told it is a wet clutch, now I get to take one apart to see if it is true. I know there is oil in the PTO and that is in a oil bath, now I want to see if it goes all the way through to the Clutch. I have not taken mine apart because it was the only one I had and was running so great I did not want to mess with it. But. I have one now that I can take apart and provide facts about this Engine and drive System. Up to this point I have only been able to verify that this engine runs absolutely superb and has not even blinked in over 1000 miles. Rock Solid for sure !! In the over 1000 miles I have pulled the biggest paved hills I can find and doing so with my 36T. I have run it constant at WOT for a tank of Fuel which is a half gallon, re fueled and taken off again !! Engine has not even missed a beat. Engine runs cool and solid !! I will be sending one setup to Augi for interrogation, and I will be testing one of my new ones to see if it runs out as good as my First one. One will be taken apart for inspection to see how it is made. Enjoy the ride.... The rides just get better and better...

oh.. And also.. Keep in mind this about a transmission

Here in my State and some others, once you put a transmission that allows different gear ratios and the changing of gears, it is no longer is considered to be a motor assisted bicycle 48cc or not. It then becomes subject to Motorcycle laws and requires appropriate license and reg. ect ect ect. Insurance.. and on and on. so.. Keep that in mind when you are considering a transmission . Enjoy the ride..

Bummer News..... :(

ok..I have some Bummer news.. The Manufacturing company that was to CAD up my Rack and then Punch them out has told me it will be another week before they can get to it. Another Week? What the? I waited 2 weeks for this appointment to have it CAD ed up for a production run .. So I call to see how it is going, and then I am told it will be another week? What? Why make an appointment? I was mad.. I have been waiting for this. I got on the phone and made some calls.. A lot of calls. I found another Manufacturing firm that can CAD it up and punch them out. I am to see this guy tomorrow. So.. I will go and get my bike and take it there. Another week? What the? Some alterior motive? Maybe they are riding it around? What the? I am going to get that bike now.. I can not wait another week. This is not a good start with this factory at all. I will keep ya'll posted. I really want this to be made in USA.. But..this is not a good start at all...

Back